Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Hello. I have not visited this board in quite a while, well since our Princess cruise last November. First of all I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful tips and advice that I have read in all of the postings...they have been very helpful! My 2 kids and myself will be sailing on the Spirit on January 3, 2006, out of San Diego, along with my mom and my step-dad. My mom booked our rooms, balcony cabins in the Verandah deck just a few weeks ago. Yesterday I was looking for an available cabin for my aunt and uncle and noticed that one of the wrap around suites on the back of the Empress deck was available, so I quikcly called Carnival and they said that yes, it was available, someone had canceled. So as a surprise for my mom's birthday, which she will be celebrating while on board, I was able to grab that suite for her and my step-dad, and downgrade my balcony cabin 2 categories so my kids and I can be right next to them. She wont know about her new suite until she gets on board!! My question is, it cost me $700 to do this!! I have heard that these cabins are wonderful...but just wondering if they are really worth the $700 more? Also, my daughter is 6 and my son will turn 13 the last day of the cruise. How is the kids program? I know my daughter will have a blast, as always, but wondering more about my son who tends to get bored more easily. Sorry for the long winded post...just hoping someone could share their thoughts. Anyone else going to be on this cruise?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:51 PM

Hello Hotwheels!

We've sailed on the Carnival Legend, which is a sister ship to the Spirit, and we were in Room 4228, which is one of those aft-end Category 11 staterooms.

It sounds as if you have secured either 6260 or 6329 for your folks on Empress Deck, and you said you moved to be right next to them---does that mean that you are in 6262 or 6331? These can connect with the corner staterooms. I don't recall there being a way to connnect the verandahs.

I can tell you this about the stateroom we had: The room itself took some getting used to because the layout is not the spacious wide-open room that is depicted in the brochures and labeled Category 11. These aft suites are made up of a hallway, a very small "living room" with a sofa, chair, and a small desk with chair. Then there is a doorway into a small dressing room; off of this dressing room is the bathroom and the closet. Through the other side of the dressing room is the bedroom. One can also get to the bedroom from the living room via another hallway that also has the door to get out to the extremely huge verandah. So, this bedroom has two doors into it, both of which can be shut tight.

The verandah is larger than those on other ships in this aft corner location. There were several chairs, tables, and two loungers out there. The decking is beautiful teak. I imagine your entire family will spend a lot of time on this verandah, so it's a good thing that your mother and stepfather will have some privacy because of the layout of that bedroom, dressing area, and bathroom, which can be completely shut off from the remainder of the stateroom.

The bathroom is very nice--shower/tub with whirlpool, twin sinks, plenty of room.

Bring some extra hangers from home; the hangers in the closet are strange. Many of the lighting fixtures in the rooms are on dimmers! On Main deck there is a laundry room (not labeled in the brochures) just a few steps away from 4228; there could be one up there on Empress Deck too!

Bon voyage~~~

Lana
Old 10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I have not stayed in a wraparound but was able to go in and look at the cabin before we disembarked our sterward let us check it out you will be pleased with the size of the balcony the cabin is about the same size as a 8 cat. maybe a little wider you all will enjoy it and what a view fran
Old 10-23-2005, 03:20 PM

Lana 537....Thank you for the information. You are correct, the cabin is 6260, and we are right next door in 6262, but it looks as if those 2 do not connect. Sounds like the room is beautiful and I can harly wait to see my mom's face! By the way, her name is Lana also :-)
Old 10-23-2005, 07:37 PM

We have stayed in 4228 and 4237 on SPIRIT class ships (Pride, Legend, and Miracle). If you look at the LEGEND and PRIDE photos in our webshots, you will have a good idea of WHY that (those!) cabins are worth the $$$ !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/chilibean105

Tom
Old 10-23-2005, 08:52 PM

Tom, those are AWESOME pictures! I'm glad I spent the extra $$$....thank you for sharing!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 PM

HOTHEELS
WRAP AROUND BALCONIES ARE GREAT FOR PRIVATE PARTIES AND FOR GUESTS AND BIG PARTIES,HOWEVER TIE EVERYTHING DOWN IN YOUR BATHROOM AND DON'T BE SURPRIZED TO BE WOKE UP EARLY WHEN PULLING INTO PORTS WHEN THEY USE SIDE TRUSTERS BECAUSE YOUR ROOM WILL VIBRAT, I AM STILL NOT COMPLAINING, WE HAVE SAILED TWICE IN A AFT WRAP AROUND ROOM

Closed Thread

Tags
4228, aft, balcony, cabin, carnival, couches, cruise, desks, legend, norwegian, pictures, pride, room, spirit, staterooms, wrap