Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by joergr:
I really don't like this kid bashing. In my opinion kids are the reflection of their parents and it is not the Cruise lines responsibility to look after the kids. But kids are part of our society and they have the same right to be on board as everyone else. I'll be taking my kids, but trust me, they won't be running around wild without me knowing it.
The desire to have a place that is "adults only" is not automatically kid-bashing, joergr. You're right, kids have a right to be on board just as everyone else does -- but just like in the rest of society, there are places where they are welcome and places where it is inappropriate for them to be.

Kids should be allowed to be kids...and sometimes that means behavior that some adults have less patience for. It doesn't mean the kids are being brats; it just means they're being kids. But the energy level around even great kids, that you love dearly, can be too much for many adults. Don't begrudge other paying customers the desire for at least one or two places where the pace and energy level is just a couple of bubbles lower! It will give us the chance to recharge our batteries and enjoy the exuberance of the little ones when we're all together in the common areas of the ship.

I thank heavens for parents like you who take care to watch what their children are doing once on board. But, truthfully, not all parents are as diligent as you are. And, as you might suspect, the result is that their children are probably not as well-behaved as yours.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
LHP's Avatar
LHP LHP is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by Terri R.:
quote:
Originally posted by joergr:
I really don't like this kid bashing. In my opinion kids are the reflection of their parents and it is not the Cruise lines responsibility to look after the kids. But kids are part of our society and they have the same right to be on board as everyone else. I'll be taking my kids, but trust me, they won't be running around wild without me knowing it.
The desire to have a place that is "adults only" is not automatically kid-bashing, joergr. You're right, kids have a right to be on board just as everyone else does -- but just like in the rest of society, there are places where they are welcome and places where it is inappropriate for them to be.

Kids should be allowed to be kids...and sometimes that means behavior that some adults have less patience for. It doesn't mean the kids are being brats; it just means they're being kids. But the energy level around even great kids, that you love dearly, can be too much for many adults. Don't begrudge other paying customers the desire for at least one or two places where the pace and energy level is just a couple of bubbles lower! It will give us the chance to recharge our batteries and enjoy the exuberance of the little ones when we're all together in the common areas of the ship.

I thank heavens for parents like you who take care to watch what their children are doing once on board. But, truthfully, not all parents are as diligent as you are. And, as you might suspect, the result is that their children are probably not as well-behaved as yours.


You are soo right....all we want is a Camp Carnival for ADULTS!!!
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 PM
MrOctober's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville Florida
Posts: 592
Default
Quote:
You are soo right....all we want is a Camp Carnival for ADULTS!!!


Perfect answer...I love you LHP
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 09:13 PM
wienergirls's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Menifee, california
Posts: 67
Default
I would gladly take my top off in exchange for a break from the kids Is that wrong??
__________________
Free Cruise Tickers
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Larry in Miami's Avatar  
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,137
Default
There is a "Camp Carnival" for adults.... the casino.

Seriously, most of the kids on board are rather well behaved, it's the few that are allowed to run wild that stand out.
__________________
Larry
-------------------------------------------
Photo Website: www.larrysphotos.net
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 PM
MrOctober's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville Florida
Posts: 592
Default
Quote:
I would gladly take my top off in exchange for a break from the kids Is that wrong??
Before tops are to be viewed by the public they must be inspected in cabin E181 on SENSATION. on the liberty the Cabin will be announced when the time comes for the October 13th sail away party...
Please stay tuned

http://www.myspace.com/mroctober2u
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Posts: 11,612
Default
I was reading the posts, and I would have to agree they should keep it a kid free zone. There is no reason for kids to be there anyway, there is no pool etc. I don't go up there, but I understand the concept of peace and quiet and a view of the sea.
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Dave's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 17,742
Default
I agree. Even Disney Cruises has adults only areas of the ship, so there is no reason Carnival shouldn't in my view.
__________________
Dave
Editor, CruiseReviews.com
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 39
Default
What?? No topless deck?? Holy crap, what happened??

Sheesh!! that was the only reason we booked on a Carnival ship! Now where are we supposed to go to enjoy some peace and solitude?

Oh, I know..we have a cabin with a private wrap-around balcony!

Seriously though..does anyone know what prompted this decision? It's not the elimination of the deck area itself but more like an elimination of a 'quiet place' for adults and that sucks!!

OK..anyone on the May 6th cruise on the Valor needing deck space to sunbathe topless can contact me by giving 'the sign' at the pool bar after we leave Nassau.

I'll know who you are...

PS..what can we expect as far as a lot of kids being on the May 6th Eastern Caribbean cruise? I may have to bring my stun gun!!
__________________
Free Cruise Tickers
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 AM
LHP's Avatar
LHP LHP is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:
quote:
I would gladly take my top off in exchange for a break from the kids Is that wrong??
Before tops are to be viewed by the public they must be inspected in cabin E181 on SENSATION. on the liberty the Cabin will be announced when the time comes for the October 13th sail away party...
Please stay tuned

http://www.myspace.com/mroctober2u


Thank you for that public service. I know it is a great hardship on you.....
 
Closed Thread

Tags
area, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, deck, decksoncarnival, fascination, fours, glory, imagination, onall, ships, topless, triumph

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carnival Decks brneyes Carnival Cruise Line 5 08-26-2008 01:18 PM
Decks on Ships carlg General Cruise Chat 3 07-28-2007 06:55 AM
topless decks on Celebrity? btibbens Celebrity Cruises 7 10-24-2006 05:43 AM
topless decks on HAL cruises? btibbens Holland America Line 3 07-12-2006 12:33 PM
topless decks on Norw. cruises? btibbens Norwegian Cruise Line 1 07-11-2006 03:00 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
 

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Contact Us - Terms of Use - Cruise Reviews Home - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2