Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 02:13 PM

Island Babe, if your daughter's birth certificate does not list a father, you should not have to have a letter. If it does, you will, or you may not be allowed off the ship in Mexico. Check the link that Dave provided, and ask your TA for help with this, or if you booked directly with the cruise line, call Carnival and ask for a supervisor, then discuss the situation with him/her. Good luck to you!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
hi I have traveled to Mexico by air to a resort and on cruises with my grand children they have two different fathers we had to bring a noterized letter from both fathers for the 2 children to travel on land and on sea
Old 01-18-2006, 05:43 AM

Hi Again This is Ilandbabe. Understand That I should have the paper from her father but have no idea where he is to get a signed letter. Also he is on her birth certificate. Why has Carnival told me over and over again that I dont need this letter. Received my tickets the other day and read that they require it called them again, and they said unless your in mexico more than 24 hours that it is not required. Thanks for all the Help everyone. More needed
Old 01-18-2006, 07:27 AM
you can stop in any travel agency and get a opy of the letter then have it filled out by the father and it will have to noterized
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 AM
also ask if you can put an unlimited time period on it like date from jan 2006 to jan 2009 other wise this will have to done every year you take trips
Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
MY experience with the letters, in june 2001 we made plans to go to a resort, in Cozumel for 7 days, my daughter myself and her two children. our flight left at 10;35 pm we were all packed dropped off at the airport, had our tickets and birth certi. and checked in, ticket rep asked for consent letters from fathers, 2 different names for the children, my daughters last name was different also as she had not been married to the older childs father, but the child had the fathers name, we had birth records but that was not enough, the girl called a supervisor over and explained we need the letter from both fathers, this was a land based resort so they have alot of different rules, for customs. I encountered the same probem with the first cruise I went on and took the 3 of them with me thinking it was not a problem but agent told me to get letters for both children to be sure, we would not have the bad experience from our last trip together the agent that sold us the resort tour did not inform us about the letters, we would need needless to say I never used her again. I never go anywhere now without consent forms for the children nothing is worse then sitting in a airport, with no way to reach either father to get papers noterized at 11.pm at night and your flight is going to leave in 30 min. through the grace of the supervisor we did manage to get all papers done and headed off to a great vacation, I will not tell you how and thier jobs would be in jepordy.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 AM
It also helps if you are friendly with a notery hint I will say no more
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 AM
CUT and paste this address takes you to a site where you can prit the form to take to notery http://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/consent/?pid=overture...child&OVMTC=standard
Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I tried to copy the letter to print but this is a site you have to purchase but if you can copy the body of the letter on word it will do just as well but it contains all the info you may need
Old 01-18-2006, 08:38 AM
LAWDEPOT.com has a copy of the form

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, child, children, cruise, cruising, custody, debarking, divorce, documents, letter, line, mexico, names, norwegian, notarized, passport, required, traveling