Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 12:47 AM

I cruised during Spring Break the week of March 17, 2002. Was a few years ago, but I thought it was fun to see all the young people having fun. They were all really respectful.

Maybe it was the Kids that had more money to go on a 7 day cruise, they all drank etc. But not one instance of rude did I see.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 AM

I also want to point out that the time of year one cruises has all to do with the age and mix of passengers.

If you take a short cruise during Spring Break, expect that.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 AM

Hey, if anyone out there wants a chaperone I'm ready to go. Just think, a chaperone with a lot of cruise experience... of course you'll have to pay for my cabin. Well, you can't blame a guy for trying.

Sonny
Old 11-15-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I cruised during Spring Break the week of March 17, 2002. Was a few years ago, but I thought it was fun to see all the young people having fun. They were all really respectful.

Maybe it was the Kids that had more money to go on a 7 day cruise, they all drank etc. But not one instance of rude did I see.
I think you have a very good point! I do think the shorter cruises may have a bit more difficulty in that regard. In fact, I think someone elsewhere (on another thread) mentioned the short cruises as having that party-too-hardy reputation.

I'd like to think that the fact that it departed out of southern California didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:05 PM

Although there were not a lot of young people on the ship (Carnival), the ones that were there, I seen no problem with them. If they were of age, they did their own thing. If younger, Carnival had things for them to do on deck 11, which let the parents have time for themselves.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 PM

That's funny that you said you would "glad" to be a chaperone. The reason I say that is I have had a lot of offers from male friends, but as you said, there is one problem......they want to go, but with me paying the way. I don't need a chaperone that bad.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:27 PM

HI I have been on a lot of different ships both for Carnival and RCCL and their sister companies. My experince has taught me that if I want the best service and friendliest staffs I have to go with RCCL and Celebrity first they also have to most to offer any cruising situation. The Freedom class and the Voyager class has something for everyone in the entire family and they just keep giving service the whole time. I mean even their oldest 3-4 day ship (Sovereign) will make anyone extremely satisfied. I am not saying I won't go on Carnival Lines but if I do I understand the shows are good but the bar/restraunt service will be sub-par. Now if you go on Princes, Holland American or Costa they give great service and they have good iteneraries to boot but I still think Celebrity beats them. The Celebrity ships also have pretty good food and ports. But by far the best line I traveled on was Seaborn on the Legend. The "only reason" I traveled on her was that I didn't have to pay for it. ) Sonny you should try that ship just once. But anyways as I have said before I love cruising so whatever cruise I am on I will have as much fun as possible.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 PM

Ceemonster, if I try another cruise line Royal Caribbean won't give me a cruise credit.
After all, I can't let you catch me now, can I?

Sonny
Old 11-16-2006, 04:39 PM

Hey Sonny

Well I don't think I ever catch the number of RCCL cruise credits as you have. I have had to many that I have been on that I didn't get credits for. I think I mentioned once that I have been on over 40 cruises since 1982. I just mentioned you trying that ship because its a ship that still has a lot of traditional cruising in mind, which is service service service, which probally why its the number 1 ranked line and ship. But it is a costly adventure. I wouldn't pay the prices they want I will just spoil myself on RCCL and Celebrity. Here check out their ships at this link.

http://www.seabourn.com/

Did you know Celebrity is coming out with some new ships soon? If one of them is coming to Florida I just might take it.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
Hey, if anyone out there wants a chaperone I'm ready to go. Just think, a chaperone with a lot of cruise experience... of course you'll have to pay for my cabin. Well, you can't blame a guy for trying.

Sonny
Maybe we could start an official Cruise Chaperone Club.....free cruises...meeting new people, oh man, now that would be a tough job..YEAH RIGHT

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, ccl, colors, compare, consent, cruise, form, frodosmamsncom, imagination, line, popular, rccl, triumph, versus, vs