Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:27 AM

I have seen pictures, Sonny's, from the RCCL line and pictures from the CCL line and from what I saw, the swimming pools, H2O activities look ALOT better on RCCL...

I would like some feedback on that if anyone has any.....I am going on this cruise to totally soak up the sun and I want to live by the pool and the ocean

I also just found out that RCCL cruises out of Galveston, this, I did not know so maybe I will book the 2nd cruise on the RCCL.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:26 AM

That's strange that you said that. I couldn't be a cruise chaperone, as I'm not as "experienced" as you, but I could be a pretty good "travel guide", or that is what several people have told me down through the years.

The reason I say this is I am from Missouri, and a lot of people know or have visited Branson, Missouri. Since I am from Missouri, and it is the "Show Me State", I like to show/tell people of all the good things to see/do, that does not cost anything there. I meet new people all the time there and they ask me what I do for a living, and I tell them. They tell me I should be a "travel guide" instead.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 PM

I've only had experiences on three of the many cruise lines out there - RCCL, Carnival, and Princess..and each one has definitive strong points. Regardless of the ship, when in the various ports it seems everyone wants to be on the other ship! If RCCL ever tries a waterslide - they just might take over!

Although the ship selection is important to a successful cruise experience, the people around you onboard play equal importance. Here is an anology of the crowd you will see on any given cruise with each line:

Carnival - Go to WalMart or Sams and people-watch for the atmosphere in which you will be cruising

Royal Caribbean - Visit Target and do the same

Princess - Visit Hechts/Macy's and do the same.

There is a time and place for every ship!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 11-26-2006, 02:37 PM

Hey tncruiseman

The ships of Radiance Class, Voyager Class have slides into their Adventure Ocean area. I think the Freedom class does also (haven't been on it yet) has The Flowrider even if it doesn't have a Slide but I can't imagine that they took the slide away on that ship.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-26-2006, 02:51 PM

You have just added another reason for me to try the new RCCL ships!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
Old 11-26-2006, 04:51 PM

Tncruiseman,
Don't rate any of the RCCL ships until you've been on a "Voyager" class ship. Except for Penny3333, everyone will tell you there is no ship afloat that compares. Oh yeah, here is a picture of the slide on a "Radiance" class ship. CLICK HERE

Sonny
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Unless its just a 3 or 4 night junket, our next major cruise will be on the Voyager class for sure. We are seriously contemplating the Meditteranean itenary for next year. Thanks!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terri R.:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
I don't doubt they were young and that they were loud and annoying. But they have to be 21 to book a cruise. And to have someone under 21 in your cabin, you have to be a legal guardian, so they were probably older than they acted.
Hubby and I, by complete and utter brain-fart, once booked a 5-Day cruise the week of college Spring Break. Are you absolutely certain that there has to be a legal guardian if one of the passengers is under 21? There were a lot of 18-22 year olds, and we were told (by them -- one of them was our son's roommate's girlfriend) that each room had to have a "chaperone" who was at least 25 years old. 25 years old!!! So, basically, a 21-year-old college girl's boyfriend.

Yikes!

It was just the worst cruise ever for us -- before or since. Too many drunken youngsters....they absolutely took over all the dance clubs, karaoke....it really wasn't much fun for anyone that wasn't in their age group and drunk.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 PM

opps i meant to put a reply with that. there can be children under 21 in one room on rccl or carnival. these past 6 cruises i was able to be free (roam around ship w/out parental control or being stuck w/ camp carnival or rccl's kiddie service (forgot the name). anyway.... i would go pick up the friends i meet on the ship (to go hang out) and most of them shared rooms with their brothers and sisters or cousins or friends that came with them. sometimes their parents room was right next door. or even on the next floor or around the corner. as long as the parents make reservations for that, it can be done.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
I've only had experiences on three of the many cruise lines out there - RCCL, Carnival, and Princess..and each one has definitive strong points. Regardless of the ship, when in the various ports it seems everyone wants to be on the other ship! If RCCL ever tries a waterslide - they just might take over!

Although the ship selection is important to a successful cruise experience, the people around you onboard play equal importance. Here is an anology of the crowd you will see on any given cruise with each line:

Carnival - Go to WalMart or Sams and people-watch for the atmosphere in which you will be cruising

Royal Caribbean - Visit Target and do the same

Princess - Visit Hechts/Macy's and do the same.

There is a time and place for every ship!
hmmmm...... my mom and i shop at macys and neiman marcus and nordstrom. we shop at the cheap stores too such as rainbow or pay/half. we shop at walmart too. we have also been on rccl ships, carnival, princess and celebrity. so if i go by what you are saying, i guess we are the type for every cruise huh?
see now what i believe is that there are different kinds of people on every ship. ive seen "bugee" "siditty" people on carnival and people looking like trailer trash on princess................

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, ccl, colors, compare, consent, cruise, form, frodosmamsncom, imagination, line, popular, rccl, triumph, versus, vs