Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Hey y'all, yes I'm from the south and it just kinda slipped out. I am new here to C-C and after much deliberation I've decided that I am going to surprise the Mrs and book a cruise on the Inspiration for her birthday.

Our first cruise was on the Elation in Dec 06 and we loved it with the exception of all of the kids running around. I was cool with them until this "youngster" poured a cup of water on me and another fella as we were walking beneath the balcony on the Lido deck. Needless to say we both were not very happy at all. Beside that we loved it and I've been hooked since.

I do have a couple of questions. My first one is has anyone traveled on the Inspiration since the renovations. I read the blog from that fella through Carnivals web site but I wanted some second opinions.

My second one is what is the water temp like in Cayman and Cozumel in late Feb, early March. Thanks for the info everyone. :-)
Old 12-27-2007, 11:57 PM

Hi chan4070, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Hey yall, back at you!

Have not sailed on the Inspiration since the refurb, but the pictures look great.

Here is a site I used recently for Cayman water temps. Have never been in Feb., I know it is pretty warm in mid March though.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 12-28-2007, 09:14 AM

I've sailed on the Inspiration and it is quite nice for an older ship. However, I was a bit disappointed in the layout of the ship. I expected it to be like its sister ships, the Imagination, Sensation, and Fascination but it was different. I like the 24 Hour Pizzeria and the sandwich station in the back of the ship on the Lido Deck and the Inspiration has it in the middle.

No matter, it is your vacation. Go and have a good time.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Hey there, my southern friend, I cruised on her 1 month before,in Aug, and 2 weeks after the refurb, back in Oct. I also was on the Elation last year. The Inspiration is comparable to the Elation-it's basically the same ship...just different decor. I understand your concern with children-on our Aug cruise it was like we were on a Disney ship,there were probably 300-400 kids on that cruise. DEFINETLY pick a cruise when kids are in school and the longer the cruise the less likely children will be onboard.
Don't get me wrong, I love kids...have 5 kids of my own-but when I go on vacation without them, I don't want to have to put up with someone elses kids bothering me. The Inspiration is a nice ship and I enjoyed both cruises on her but I'm trying other ships and longer cruises...4-5 days is just not enough time to be away from everything. Enjoy your cruise.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:30 PM

My husband and I JUST got off the Inspiration on Thursday. We loved the ship. We did not see any current construction projects and everything on the ship was operating, clean and lovely. This was a first time cruise, so we have nothing to compare it to, but we loved everything about the ship and the Inspiration crew. Can we fit in your luggage?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 PM

P.S. If you are interested in some recent photos of Inspiration, let us know! We have some great shots of the various parts of the ship.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Hey, thanks for the information everyone. Yeah eln, i would really appreciate it. As the days go on I am itching more and more for my vacation. I cant wait.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elnbluesman:
My husband and I JUST got off the Inspiration on Thursday. We loved the ship. We did not see any current construction projects and everything on the ship was operating, clean and lovely. This was a first time cruise, so we have nothing to compare it to, but we loved everything about the ship and the Inspiration crew. Can we fit in your luggage?
Will you post a review?

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, inspiration, photos, reviews