Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 02:18 PM

Anyone going on this cruise?
Old 10-06-2006, 02:23 PM

No, Sherri, I'm going on the Ecstacy Nov. 27th. Did you read BJC123's posting about the change of ports on his cruise? If you are going on this same 5 day to Progreso and Cozumel, you need to read what he has to say. If Carnival continues to do this...well, it is just wrong! Have a wonderful trip! I will!!
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Yes I did read that. I called carnival and the agent I spoke to said that she was on that cruise herself and that the propulsion is fixed now. They had to get it back to Galveston to fix it. That the Cozumel and Progresso "is a go". Thank you for your concern. I bet these ships do wear down every once in a while. I believe they go constantly. How many have you been on?
Old 10-07-2006, 03:12 AM

Hi Sherri!

I've just been on one other cruise! Not that we haven't wanted to go, things just haven't worked out in our schedule for us to take another one until now.

We were on the Celebration to celebrate my daughter-in-laws birthday 3 years ago. When we took that cruise, we thought we would go immediately again we loved it so much! But unfortunately we have had other travel plans until this year. We were immediately addicted! The ship was great, the service was excellent, and the food was great and plentiful! Who couldn't love it??!!

We plan to take another cruise next May also. A gift for our daughter graduating college. She will be an elementary teacher, and this is a well deserved trip for her...and us! We're looking at the Conquest for that trip.

I think cruising has a lot to do with a person's attitude, and who they cruise with. Spending time with someone you love, and good friends is always great!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:25 AM

Sherri...one more very important thing!! Take LOTS of pictures!! Take your video camera!! I was so busy having a good time on our first cruise that I didn't want to carry the cameras all the time, but the pictures I did take, I can't look at enough!....and I wish I had more!! Take lots!! And don't forget extra camera batteries, chargers, picture cards. We bought underwater cameras for snorkeling also! Fun! Fun! Remember you can't run to Wal Mart or Best Buy on the ship, so go prepared!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:00 AM

Wow!! TAlking with all of you has made me even more excited if thats possible.
Great tips guys. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 AM

Hey,
Anyone booked their excursions for this. What did you book? We are first time cruisers.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM

Hey Cathy. We already booked our excursion. We are doing the Catamaran, snorkel,and beach party in Cozumel. We didn't book anything for Progresso because the only thing I wanted to do was the 7 hr. trip to the ruins. I don't want to do the bus for hours, and a box lunch etc. Everyone said the catamaran was a blast. It will also leave us plenty of time to shop when we get back. We took the 9:30 to 1:00.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Thanks Sherri. We decided on the ATV/beach in Cozumel and the nicer beach party in Progresso. Was in Galveston today and swung by the port. The ship had just arrived back. Can't wait!!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 AM

Sherri,

Did you book your Catamaran excursion through Carnival? We plan to book it, and want to get the best deal, of course. I know you are counting the days and hours till you board the ship!! How exciting! Be sure to come back to cruise chat and give us a detail of your trip. Don't forget the pictures!

Closed Thread

Tags
progreso, wallmart, yucatan