Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 05:12 AM

Hello All,

I just got our cruise documents and they have us booked in a connecting room. We don't know the people in the connected cabin. Our other travel companions are on different floors. My question is, is there less privacy in a connecting room. I know that the door has to be unlocked, but still it seems like it would be very easy to hear through the door.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:24 AM

To make it even easier for you to hear, put a glass up against the door and your ear to the glass. you should have no problem hearing it all fairly clear.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:25 AM

Ha ha Mr.October, I don't want the people in the other room to hear me!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 AM

I see ...A screamer Eh?

I would think they would be the same as connecting hotel rooms doors. I believe if there arent two (actuall doors) that the door would be heavier insulated. just a thought.

Have a great Quiet Cruise
Old 12-14-2006, 06:22 AM

Personally, I don't book or do connecting doors.

I don't want to even think about what is on the other side. If one has someome next door is a good thing. But I don't want to even look at it in my cabin.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:53 AM

Rhonda66 - To answer your question - YES! You can hear through the room, but the last time we had a connecting room where we did not know the people, all we ever heard were the kids. Their pitch seems to penetrate through anything.... Nothing against kids....have some of my own, but they do seem to get up earlier than me.
If you don't have a rowdy group, you probably will not hear anything. And even if you did have a rowdy group next to you and no connecting door, you still might hear them.
All in all, it wasn't too bad....very similar to a hotel connecting door.
Hope this helps

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 12-14-2006, 07:23 AM

We didn't book the connecting room. The travel agent did that. We didn't want a connecting room.
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Personally, I don't book or do connecting doors.

I don't want to even think about what is on the other side. If one has someome next door is a good thing. But I don't want to even look at it in my cabin.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Why not call your travel agent and ask to have your room changed. Unless you are cruising in the next few weeks this should not be a problem. We booked a cruise last month one week before sailing. For 2 of us we were given a 3 person room. Obviously that was all they had left. I would think they would save the connecting rooms for families requesting adjoining rooms. Again, maybe that is all they have left. Worth a try. The worst they can say is, NO!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:36 AM

Thanks Sandee, I called my TA and left her a voice mail, it's worth a shot.
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDee:
Why not call your travel agent and ask to have your room changed. Unless you are cruising in the next few weeks this should not be a problem. We booked a cruise last month one week before sailing. For 2 of us we were given a 3 person room. Obviously that was all they had left. I would think they would save the connecting rooms for families requesting adjoining rooms. Again, maybe that is all they have left. Worth a try. The worst they can say is, NO!

Closed Thread

Tags
adjoining, book, carnival, carribean, connecting, cruise, cruises, door, give, glory, joined, privacy, room, rooms, royal, staterooms