Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 06:40 PM

I guess I am an overly cautious and organized person so I am already trying to figure out how to not have to check luggage and just carry it on. I heard that it is possible if you keep your bags to 24" wide/ 16' high or less. Is this true? It will just be my daughter and I and I think we can manage with two suitcases each of those requirements. Does that mean that they can go through the screener and be carried on with us? The possibility of lost or delayed luggage freaks me out.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:40 PM

I guess I am an overly cautious and organized person so I am already trying to figure out how to not have to check luggage and just carry it on. I heard that it is possible if you keep your bags to 24" wide/ 16' high or less. Is this true? It will just be my daughter and I and I think we can manage with two suitcases each of those requirements. Does that mean that they can go through the screener and be carried on with us? The possibility of lost or delayed luggage freaks me out.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 PM

I don't know how long your cruise will be but if two females can pull off getting everything into two carry-on bags I'll be amazed. My wife needs that much space before she starts packing clothes.

Seriously, I do think you're being a little overly cautious. Pack any essentials into your carry-ons and pack enough in the checked luggage to be comfortably prepared for the duration of your cruise.

I book a lot of cruises and lost/delayed luggage is probably in the less than 1% range. If you're flying, be more worried that the luggage you described above gets to you at the baggage claim at the airport. Still a smal risk but I'll bet higher then losing it from the pier to your cabin.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM

What Neil said is right. The luggage size does not matter. We take the largest roller luggage they make and we never have a problem.

Wanna make sure they don't lose your luggage...TIP THE BAGGAGE HANDLERS AT THE PIER!!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I jabe taken bags bigger than that. The just fit in the x-ray machine. I was told if it did not fit I would have to check it.

On longer cruises I take expensive things like cameras as carry on and check my cloths.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Hi Melissa. Welcome. How long is your cruise? You have to give me some of your packing tips. Because, if you can take 4 pieces of luggage total, between 2 people, and it's a 5 day or longer cruise... you're my new hero.
Andrea

Closed Thread