Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2003, 12:23 PM

I am taking my 1st cruise in Jan with my husband and my 8 month baby with me - any help on what to bring for her?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:23 PM

I am taking my 1st cruise in Jan with my husband and my 8 month baby with me - any help on what to bring for her?
Old 12-28-2003, 10:46 AM

I brought my 10 month old on the thanksgiving cruise last yr. It worked out fine. I had her stroller and diaper bag with me the whole time and never seemed inconvienenced. She had just started walking so that was good. Had we gone a month later she would have been running and I would have been in trouble, lol. She never liked baby food so was already eating finger foods at the time. I had alot of gerber graduates with me but didnt need them much. There was always something for her to eat, pancakes for breakfast, yogurt, cheerios, apple sauce, mac and cheese for dinner and even chicken nuggets if i broke up the meat and softened it up a bit. There werent many veggies available but thats where the gerber grad came in handy. I know if I asked them they could have prepared her some soft veggies. The wait staff catered to her and my 4 yr old son. There was so much to see and do she was never bored. The daycare had a set time around lunch time for the moms to take their little ones in to play with the toys. She loved that. I also left her in babysitting 2 nights for about 2 hrs each. They were very attentive, rocked her to sleep and everything. The nights I didnt take her she would sleep in her stroller during dinner (late seating) and for about an hr after while we relaxed before bed. Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions just ask. We didnt do any tours. We were in New Orleans and just walked around with her in stroller and in Cozumel we took a taxi (this was my only problem, they drive very fast and we didnt have a car seat. I thought my husband was going to kill the driver)to chackanaab (spelling) beach and went snorkeling. My parents and sis and bil were there so we took turns with her at the beach. We live at the beach so she is used to it and both kids love it. Afterwards we went shopping and out to eat. She loves being outside in her stroller so this was a great vacation for her.

-Amanda

[This message was edited by Amanda on December 28, 2003 at 10:55 AM.]
Old 12-30-2003, 05:32 AM

Thank you Amanda -

I do have one more question - what did you do about the pool? Was the baby allowed to go in it? I am worried that she will not be able to swim.

Chrissy
Old 12-30-2003, 08:46 AM

Hi,

I cruised with my 17 month old in 2002. Take along the foods that she likes. I packed one of those big rubbermaid containers with food and drinks for my daughter.

If your baby sleps in a crib at home be sure to have them put a crib in your room as well, depending on the cabin size (the rooms with balcony can take a crib with ease).

I am cruisin in July 2004 and this time I will have two children my son will be 8 months by then. So I have to go through it again.

It is a shame tho that they make you pay all thatm oeny for children and you still have to take food along.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:21 AM

The baby is allowed in the pool but we never took her in b/c we thought the water was too cold. I actually didnt even go in and Im a swimmer. Hubby went in 1x and my 5 yr old practically lived in the pool. We are from the south though so we are used to warm water.
About the room sizes and the crib, we had a small room with window, we put our son in the top bunk and the crib was under the bunk. We felt it was comfortable enough, we were only in the room to sleep.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:57 PM

sorry....small children are most ANNOYING in the pool...EVERY pool is elblow to "floaties" with no parent in sight. GO TO CHILDRENS POOL !!

MANY a cruise have I watched toddler' s crying and floating in the pool while their parents were sipping drinks elsewhere. Also DIAPER 'mishaps' that closed the pool. Again, use the CHILDRENS pool if you are NOT going to be vigilant.

Most young children are fine, but there are those who disrupt EVERY activity. Remember to be understanding that your fellow guests have also paid for the use of ALL amenities.

~C
Old 01-05-2004, 02:04 PM

Amanda and Pebbles thank you for all of your help this is our 1st trip with our daughter and our 1st cruise. We can not wait!!!

C3 thank you for your input I am just hoping you will not be on the same cruise with my family Did you know that Carnival charges for child - so my daughter is a paying customer and should be able to use the pool just like you!!!! Also if you read my first post you will be I have an INFANT and NOT A TODDLER!!! Thanks anyway
Old 01-05-2004, 02:17 PM

I agree JRK, an infant shouldnt be in the pool with the wild 8 yr olds, she/he should be in the adult pool in your arms! I payed alot for my infant as well and was never made to feel like she was a nuisance. If C3 saw toddlers in the pool alone while the parents were off drinking he should have called child services! I never saw 2 and 3 yr olds alone in the pool!
Have a wonderful time and let your baby have a ball also! You arent disturbing anyone with a heart!
-Amanda
Old 09-08-2004, 01:17 PM

Hi, my little man is older than your squirts but I was curious about what you said about the pool. They can run cool? How warm would you guess they keep them? He has been potty trained since he was a 2 so accidents aren't a problem and he is part fish. But I'm more concerned about the pools being cool and also I've read that they can be closed. That would be disasterous. I can hear the drama already.

Closed Thread

Tags
17, babies, baby, bring, bringing, caribbean, cruise, infant, july, lines, month, pool, room, ship, sleeping, taking, type