Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Well!!! Carnival called my TA yesterday saying that the dates we were scheduled to cruise In August 08 had to be changed because someone/company chartered the whole ship for the cruise dates we had. Which we were going on the 7 day Eastern Cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St Marteen August 9th. We now had to changed our dates to a later date of August 23rd. What is everyone opinion on this; and has this ever happended to anyone before?? I'm upset because we did want to cruise earlier in Ausgust this time because 07 we cruied around the 28th of August this is 1 week earlier than before but we were hoping to cruise this time the 1st week in August around the 9th so we would not have to wait so long; plus the later part of August leaves not that much of summer left in Michigan. Oh well we did get a $50.00 credit per person for our inconvience

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-17-2007, 06:16 AM

I would be upset to. We are on the Liberty in Aug and they change our itineray and didn't even let us know. I found out just by looing at the website.

Grenada Accommodations
[b]

(.(*. .*).)
. * Rissa * .
(.(.* *.).)
Old 05-17-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rissa:
I would be upset to. We are on the Liberty in Aug and they change our itineray and didn't even let us know. I found out just by looing at the website.
They changed the dates , not the itineray. I would be okay I guess if they just changed the itineray I think

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 AM

I know what you mean. Either way I would be ****ed. The reason why i was so upset was for 1 they didn't contact us and 2 we did those ports last year on a cruise. Hope everything work out for you.

Grenada Accommodations
[b]

(.(*. .*).)
. * Rissa * .
(.(.* *.).)
Old 05-17-2007, 07:34 AM

This happens from time to time with every cruise line. Money talks when someone comes in and is willing to guarantee they will fill a whole ship. NCL recently did this when Rosie O'Donnell chartered a ship.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
This happens from time to time with every cruise line. Money talks when someone comes in and is willing to guarantee they will fill a whole ship. NCL recently did this when Rosie O'Donnell chartered a ship.
I think that a change of Itinery is Ok even without a notice if it's for the right reasons, like saftey and storm avoidance and stuff. It would really irk me to have a cruise date changed because of a charter. I can understand from a business stand point but I wouldn't be very happy, even with a $50 credit.

On a side topic, depending on who chartered it, can be a little break for the entertainment staff. When Tug McGraw chartered the Liberty they brought their own shows. My daughter got a break from doing one of the big production numbers. She wasn't impressed by either Tug or Faith Hill, but then .. we never were fans of country. They are country right?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 AM

Yes, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are country. I like country. Although, I find now days so many of the new stars in there 20s don't sound country. They are more pop.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM

What a bummer!!! I would be very annoyed.

However, based on stories I have been told and various forum boards I have read, it is better that an organization charter the entire ship than to bring thousands of members of their organization onto a cruise that has been sold to the general public. That would be much much worse.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 AM

We were booked on the holiday when the US Government rented the ship for housing for Katrina victims. They notified us and we book on The Celebration out of Jacksonville. We boarded the boat and people asked us (my sister and I cruise together) if we were with the group.NO just us two. When we got on the ship we noticed that there seems to be a whole lot of gay women on the ship. They were the group. over 800 on a ship that holds 1400 guest. I personally dont have a problem with their choice but I did have a problem when they used all of the clubs and bars and discos for their group. We were not able to go to a dance or bar or anything because the "group" had it reserved. I complained to Carnival that we should have been told there was a large group of people that would be using the rooms for their own use. They told me that was not their policy....We cruised but we missed out on a lot of the fun we usually have because the clubs were closed to only the group....at least they let u know.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
When Tug McGraw chartered the Liberty they brought their own shows. My daughter got a break from doing one of the big production numbers. She wasn't impressed by either Tug or Faith Hill, but then .. we never were fans of country. They are country right?
You threw me there for a minute CruiseDad. I was scratching my head wondering when Tug McGraw the baseball player turned country? Although he did die in Brentwood TN, so go figure.

Closed Thread

Tags
chartered, charters, cruise, faith, hill, integrity, liberty, linberty, mcgraw, powered, reviews, ship, shipmichigan, ss, tim, vbulletin