Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 AM

I cross posted this in Carnival and Princess chat rooms...

My girlfriend and I are planning to take a Mexican Riviera cruise in January 2005 and are trying to decide between the Diamond Princess and the Carnival Pride. She's 21 and I'm 27 and we really don't do much partying. We'd be booking an interior room.

She's been on a ton of cruises (mostly on Carnvial or RC) and I've been on one 3 day on RC Monarch of the Seas last March.

I've read a lot of reviews and I think I'd like to try the Diamond Princess even though it is about $75 more expensive. She is pretty ambivalent.

Any suggestions from someone who has been on one or the other or both?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 AM

I cross posted this in Carnival and Princess chat rooms...

My girlfriend and I are planning to take a Mexican Riviera cruise in January 2005 and are trying to decide between the Diamond Princess and the Carnival Pride. She's 21 and I'm 27 and we really don't do much partying. We'd be booking an interior room.

She's been on a ton of cruises (mostly on Carnvial or RC) and I've been on one 3 day on RC Monarch of the Seas last March.

I've read a lot of reviews and I think I'd like to try the Diamond Princess even though it is about $75 more expensive. She is pretty ambivalent.

Any suggestions from someone who has been on one or the other or both?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 04:43 AM

If there is only a $75 difference and you are not serious partiers, then definitely go on the Diamond Princess! (IMHO)

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2004, 01:02 PM

I would not take the Pride, that ship rocks and sways and you feel the noise from the engine in your cabin and in the dining room.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Banned

Just returned from the Diamond. It is a great ship. Very quiet and smooth. Most of the time it did not seem as if the ship was moving. The cruise to me was very laid back. It is not as lively as a Carnival cruise. There is a wide range of entertainment, and a lot of quiet places on the ship to escape to. The ship is big but it is not crowded. The only time you feel the crowd is in the theater. There was a representation of every age group but the majority of the passengers were over 40.

I am working on a review. It should be done before you go.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chat, cruise, forums, mexican, mexico, reviews, rivera, riviera, room