Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

I just hope it isn't like the previously mentioned airline kiosk experience. I remember this very sour Delta employee at MIA yelling at people to use the kiosks and not the lines for the desk. She was getting in people's faces and really making a scene. Real poster girl for poor customer service - something that seems to be common at MIA. Did I mention how much I hate MIA?

We've done some Carnival cruises from Miami where some of the pier staff was not as cordial as they should have been. Very much a cattle roundup mentality. On the other hand the RCI staff at Miami has always been very nice.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
We've done some Carnival cruises from Miami where some of the pier staff was not as cordial as they should have been. Very much a cattle roundup mentality. On the other hand the RCI staff at Miami has always been very nice.
I haven't cruised out of Miami for many years. So I can't say currently. The last time they did an exceptional job of getting me on the ship, watermelons and all.

I can see the Kiosks being more trouble than they are worth. I don't think I'd want the job of a CSR assigned to them.

Dwayne
Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM

As long as its a CHOICE on if you use one or not. With the airlines, they almost MAKE you use it (as the Delta gal was doing) which is not good customer service. If I get to the pier and here is a long line waiting for a person (assuming they have special needs or don't know what they are doing) and the kiosks I can step right up to... I'll choose the kiosk. We will let you know id 76 days.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-11-2009, 05:55 PM

I much prefer Miami to Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa. They have always treated us well and they are very efficient. JMHO
Old 07-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Now that I think about it, the absolute worst Carnival embarkation we ever had was at Port Everglades. But the Miami departures have never struck me as being high points. But, wherever the embarkation is it is just something to endure because invariably things get much better the moment you board the ship.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:16 PM

I have to say I wasn't very impressed with Tampa's VIP check-in. I could have just caught them on a bad day and they were short handed or something.

Dwayne
Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Of course....this is the VIP Check In....
but my favorites in order are:

Port Canaveral (best job ever)
Miami (the new terminal)
Tampa
New Orleans (Hey Robert!!)
Mobile
New York
Galveston (which was good because of Taco Bill)
Long Beach, Ca
Port Everglades (the worst the first time and one of the best the second time)
Whittier was regular embarkation and they did a good job of checking in before you got to the Terminal.

Port Canaveral has their act together...and I hope they never change in.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Port Canaveral has their act together...and I hope they never change in.
I totally agree!

They have a VIP line just to get in the terminal. You breeze right through. The VIP staff are also very friendly and out going. They keep the group informed as to how long it will be (wedding parties etc) before boarding.

Dwayne
Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM

Dave, tell us how you feel about Miami

NCL out of Miami was a breeze. The best embarkation we ever had was Costa in Port Everglades. The best overall experience was in San Juan where they actually had a VIP section (express check-in for Princess). We were on board in less than 10 minutes, including pictures.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator

To be fair, I've not used the new Carnival terminal at Miami so maybe things are better now. At Port Everglades the best embarkation we've had was with Princess. From baggage drop to cabin in 15 minutes...and that was before online check-in became the rage.

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, carnival, cayman, check, checkin, cruise, grand, kiosk, kiosks, liine, lines, miami, port, reviews, ship