Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 PM

Hi all !
I am so excited !! I have finally booked a second cruise for myself, my husband and 2 kids on the Elation ! We are going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau !
Cruising is the best !
Anyhooo I was just wondering if anyone has been on the Elation lately or heard if the tender to Half Moon Cay has been cancelled due to bad weather. I truly hope this doesn't happen to us. We are going in February. I would be sooooo disappointed if we didn't make it over to Half Moon.
I love this discussion board btw !!!
Thanks,
Lexy
Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 AM

i don't know about the tender to half moon cay but we just got off the elation in oct and had a great time, loved the ship, food and the staff was really nice and helpful. we had a wonderful time the beach in grand turk is beautiful. have a great time.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 AM

Thanks alot for the reply Jerome.
I hope everything is ok to tender over to Half Moon Cay because I doubt very much I will ever have another chance to see that beautiful island.
BTW, was the water warm at Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk?
Lexy
Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 AM

the water is so warm and very clear you can sometimes, see the fish swim by you in the water,it was so beautiful my wife just loved it the islands are so relaxing. if you have a chance go see the lighthouse on grand turk the views are great for pictures. also go to the talent shows they are alot of fun.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Hey Jerome.
Thanks again for the quick response.
I am very much looking forward to the clear water and white sand !!
I love the talent shows too. The last cruise we were on was the Fascination and my husband sang in the talent show. It was a hoot ! We also love the karaoke and the game shows.
Oh and of course all the fooooooood !
Lexy
Old 01-12-2007, 07:57 AM

Lexy,
We are going on the elation to the same destinations at the end of March. Let me know how you liked it - and if you have any recommendations on the different ports. We will have 2 kids with us too - 8 and 13.
Thanks!!
Linda
Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 PM

Sure thing - will do.
That is funny. My kids are 8 and 12.
I am just trying to get all the money put together to pay for the darn thing but that's ok it will be worth it !!
Lexy
Old 01-12-2007, 01:57 PM

I'm sure it will be worth it - - Have a GREAT time!! I can't wait to here how it was.
Linda
Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Hello everyone this will be my 1st cruise and my friends and I will be going ton the Feb 12th cruise. I am real excited and can't wait. I was a little troubled on which ship to take (Elation, Sensation, or Celebration)

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-15-2007, 01:56 AM

I was on Elation Sept 24, 2006. It was fabulous! The tender for Half Moon Cay wasn't too bad, not a lot of waiting around. We rented a Hobi Cat while we were there (needed our sail & sign card) for $50--2 hours (up to 4 people total so it wasn't a bad deal!) and we got STUCK!! It was easy to go out, coming back wasn't so easy & they wound up towing us and two others back! It was still a great time, BBQ was awesome!

Grand Turk was beautiful, we did the Island Bus Loop and it took us to all of the best locations on the island for around 30 or 40 bucks. The lighthouse is definitely something to see if you're into beautiful scenery, and make sure you walk the two trails while you're there. We wound up at Margaritaville for lunch then sat on the beach until it was time to go.

San Juan we went on a small bus tour for about $10 each, it was well worth the money & we just happened to find the driver outside of the port terminal as we got off the ship. We then took a ferry boat across for 50 cents each way and did the Bacardi factory tour (free), and ended with lunch at Senior Frogs (where I had the YARD of Strawberry Daquiri yum!!) If you buy liquor in that port don't buy anything at Bacardi except for the one they only sell at their gift shop. We bought some mixed drinks (hurricanes, etc) for $8 a bottle at Bacardi then found them for $4 in the port. And there are free samples galore here. Two at Bacardi, then tons in the port liquor store areas. Add in Senior Frog's and the repeater's party that night and I would say that was our "drinking day!"

St Thomas was the best of all. We went to Coral World, and asked our driver ("GREEN EYES") to be back at 2pm to pick us up. He took us on the scenic route back to the ship & stopped at an overlook where we could view the port--absolutely breathtaking! Once back at the port 3 of us (we had 8 total in our group) went on the skyride to Paradise Point. Another beautiful view and if you're a mixed beverage drinker try the Bailey's Bushwacker. They also sell a "Bailey's Bushwacker Kit" of the 6 liquors plus a couple other ingredients for 50 bucks, we kicked ourselves for not getting that!

The sea days were great. We were upgraded to oceanview staterooms and loved them! Our stateroom attendant was great--Mr Hernandez!! He allowed us to keep our "zoo" of towel animals throughout our week HA!! (Yeah, we're in our 30's but we still loved them!!)

There was a medical emergency that cause our ship to stop in Nassau the first night (rumor was someone had a heart attack & didn't make it unfortunately!) And for a day or two they had planned on taking us to Nassau instead of Half Moon Cay. We all love Nassau (actually I love Paradise Island) but they changed back to Half Moon Cay & I'm glad we went there.

Anyway, that's about it. Elation was the same layout as Fantasy & Fascination, just different colors and themes. I'm going on Victory in 13 days and can't wait. (Taking my kids on that one!!)
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, carnival, cay, cruise, grand, hald, half, moon, nassau, review, tender, tips, turk, versus, waitong, weather