Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 AM

Hey everyone. Our countdown is two short weeks!! My question is concerning dinner dress. What is expected for men? women? Sport coats every night? My wife and I want to make sure we pack the right clothes (I'm a first timer). Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:01 AM
The dress code for the 1st night is usually relaxed because not all passangers will have their luggage.

The rest of the cruise you will have 2 formal nights - I have seen the full spectrum from tuxedos with tails, business suits to shirt and ties.

The other nights are "Smart Casual" - no shorts are allowed in the dining room during dinner hours.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator

jayallen,

No worries. As PC Guy notes, there will be two "formal" nights with the rest being casual. For the formal nights, a suit or sport coat and tie will do. Cocktail dresses are popular with the ladies. If you wish, a tux or dinner jacket is fine too although they are no longer in abundance - as they were years back.

Casual nights means pretty much anything except shorts, t-shirts, and on some runs they also mention no blue jeans. For casual nights I typically wear docker-type pants, golf shirts, tropical shirts, things along those lines.

And as PC Guy also said - on the first night they really don't care what you wear. Luggage service may not be completed and some people may still be wearing whatever they had on at boarding time.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, code, cruise, cruises, dinner, dress