Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM

We just got back from A 5 night to western carib. Well it was suppose to be western carib but turned into a eastern carib at the last moment because of DEAN. THANKS DEAN!!! Wound up going to Nassau and Freeport. We were just to Nassau in Feb-not my most favorite place-but we made the most of it anyway. I had concerns, because of several posts I read on here, about the condition of the INSPIRATION. Just let me say That you people that take the time to post negative and deceitful remarks on here can really place unwarrented concerns on future cruisers,This is just my personal opinon and how I felt prior to my cruise AND most definitly feel now. SO, to all you cry babies and complainers,don't waste your time, I'm not going to believe what you have to say!!! ONCE AGAIN,THIS IS JUST MY OPINON!! That being said>WE HAD A BLAST! Stains on the carpet and all. The itinary changed but what can you do-I was a little bummed but we can't fight mother nature. Food was great. There was an unusual amount of kids on this cruise and the O2 club was busting at the seems but I guess kids need to have fun too. The crew said ther is always a lot of kids right before school goes back-understandable. I won some cash this time which was a plus. The crew was awesome and very professional at all times. Shows were great and the whole cruise was 10+. The INSPIRATION is due for refurb in 2 weeks-Dry Docking in S.C.-after reading some of the posts on here, I intentionally looked for what some of you were talking about-The ship looked great,everywhere! I can't even understand why their refurbishing it-inside-outside-on deck, it all looked fantastic. The worst thing I could find was a few stains on the carpets on the cabin levels. My hat is off to Carnival,the Inspiration and it's hardworking crew. Love you guys and all that you do!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM

Welcome back, Tompands!! Sounds like you had a good time. Thank you for the information. She has always been a good ship, Carnival is just gonna tweak her a little bit.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 AM

We were in Nassau in Feb also. not my favorite port but the way I see it Its all in what you make it. I never pay attention to negative reviews. I know some people will find fault no matter what you do. I personally think that Carnival cant do a bad cruise. Even one with problems to me are still a wonderful cruise. Thats life...Leaving in one month on the Holdiay. Great ship. I would cruise on her all the time. This is my 3rd on her. hate to see her go.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM

ok maybe one think I do pay attention to is the port reviews. If someone post to stay away or dont do because of safety I will stay away. I always listen when safety is concerned.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Welcome back, sorry your itinerary was changed, but glad to hear you had a great attitude about it. Start booking your next cruise, it'll help ease the disembarkation blues! Can't wait to see what your next one will be
Old 08-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Great Cruising Attitude.

You rule!!!!!

The main reason the Inspiration is headed to dry dock is because she will be the first Fantasy class ship to get the new Water Works and Serendity Adult area!!!!

Imagination is next in December.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Serenity Now! (see Seinfeld)
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 PM
I've always said..."There is never a bad cruise, some are just better than others"...just go with the flow and YOU DID JUST THAT.....Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 AM

Welcome Back

Glad you had a good cruise despite the changes. It is one's attitude that makes the difference for sure.

Dwayne
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Tompands:

I sailed on the Inspiration two years ago. I had a great time. I thought the food was great. I thought the entertainment was very good. My assigned crew members: (the wait staff and cabin steward) were the best.

I did not see any of the worn or stained carpeting everyone mentioned. MAybe if I looked very closely, I could have spotted it. The ship to me looked spotless.

I had nothing but a great time on the Inspiration. And I had nothing to complain about. I have already stated IMHO, what motivates some people to write negative reviews, in a reply on another thread.

Anyway, I wouldn't hesistate if given another opporitunity to take a cruise on the Inspiration. With any luck, next year I will, along with a few others here as we embark on the Cruise-Chat Charity Cruise. If so, I look forward to seeing all of you then

Closed Thread