Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Hello all -- Need info on the cabana rentals on HMC. Are they wheelchair accessable or do you have to travel through the sand? Are the ones with the lower numbers closer to the public restrooms?

We're traveling on the Fascination in a couple of weeks and was wondering when the shore excursion desk opens for reservations. I suppose I better get their early to rent a cabana. I've read several really good reviews of HMC and am looking forward to spending the day in one of the rentals.

Thanks for your help,
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Look at this . It doesn't appear they are wheelchair friendly.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM

Hi Mary, Here is another picture and limited info. I agree with Dave, they don't look to be very wheelchair friendly. They may have some that are though, I just don't know.

You can e-mail them at shoreexcursions@carnival.com they are usually pretty quick at answering questions.

Good luck,

Dwayne
Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Thanks Dave & Dwayne. I saw a picture of someone's wheelchair parked in front of one of the cabanas but after seeing the map of HMC, I see it looks as if there is a walkway kinda behind the cabanas. It will be easier than pushing the chair through all that wonderful, soft sand! Thanks for the links, too.

Do you know what time the shore excursion desk opens on embarkation day? Guess I need to park myself in the line so I have a chance at a rental!

Again,
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Do you know what time the shore excursion desk opens on embarkation day? Guess I need to park myself in the line so I have a chance at a rental!
Mary, They usually open directly after the Muster Drill. You should go to the Concierge Desk asap and see if they'll book it for you. That is what Platinum perks are for.

Good luck,

Dwayne
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 AM

Mary, just a follow up idea. You might also try contacting Guest Access Services at 1-800-438-6744 ext 70025, and see if they can coordinate this with the Shore Excursions Dept. some way. It may be worth a try, I don't know.

Also, here is a link to a printable map of access routes for the Fascination.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cabana, cabanas, carnival, cay, excursions, fascination, half, location, map, moon, online, private, rental, rentals, shore