Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM

I have sort of a sad dilemma to me. My son had a friend who booked the cruise with us as part of a group with a TA who we booked our last cruise with who happens to be my best friend. We were making payments on our cruise as well as my sons friend. On the day that we were to get room assignments my son's friend dad did not want to pay the remainder of the cruise money. He had only made like maybe 2 or 3 payments totalling 250.00. When we spoke with my son's friend dad he said that at the time he did not want to pay for the remainder of the cruise because he was looking at sending his son off to school around that same time and was having a hard time deciding what to do. So the TA went ahead and book the rooms and stuck my son in the room with us making us have a quad and additional money. I gave my sons father a month (APRIL, Cruising in August) and decided to call him back and see what he wanted to do. He said he would just pay the remainder and send his son on the cruise with us. When he talked with the TA she said she did not have any rooms for him and that he could not get on the ship. I talked to her and she told me the same thing. Now is it just me or do you think she should have tried to at least find a room for him and my son together since he had paid some money instead of just brushing him off. I am upset now becasue my son will be cruising alone with no friend to hang out with. Any suggestins of what I should do or could do???????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM

How old is your son? If he is not 25, is the friend 25? (this is to determine if they can even have a room alone together) How many people are going in the group? How many rooms does the group have booked? Or by group, do you just mean your immediate family?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 AM

They are 22 and 25. The group is about 40 people

Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM

It does look like if she accepted payments, she would have reserved the space within the group. They do have open cabins on your sailing, they would probably be alot more expensive than the group rate. Hope you get something figured out.

Dwayne
Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Like Dwayne said, Nita, there are many cabins available for that cruise. I even know of some 4A's that are unassigned. Try calling Carnival again and hopefully you can get this situation resolved so you can go back to planning for your GREAT itinerary. You are going to have a blast on this cruise!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
It does look like if she accepted payments, she would have reserved the space within the group. They do have open cabins on your sailing, they would probably be alot more expensive than the group rate. Hope you get something figured out.

Dwayne
She did not reserve the room because the dad did not pay anymore money when she begin to book the rooms; so after the fact he was left with no room because he was undecided. She did not want to reserve the room and if he decided not to go be stuck with a cabin ??????
When asked at the later date about finding a cabin she said that it would be alot more money so will just refund 1/2 of what he paid but now my son have no friend to be with

Old 05-02-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Like Dwayne said, Nita, there are many cabins available for that cruise. I even know of some 4A's that are unassigned. Try calling Carnival again and hopefully you can get this situation resolved so you can go back to planning for your GREAT itinerary. You are going to have a blast on this cruise!
Don't you think the TA should be trying to help my son's friend get a cabin since she is the one we booked through. She just seems like because we ay have to pay more money she do not want to book anything for him. I don;t know then I feel like I am going behind her back if I try to get him on the ship that is more than I bargained for I think. I am not good a trying to book cabins do not know 1 thing I am doing.....

Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Nita:
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
I am so confused and upset that he can not cruise with my son.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Don't you think the TA should be trying to help my son's friend get a cabin since she is the one we booked through. She just seems like because we ay have to pay more money she do not want to book anything for him. I don;t know then I feel like I am going behind her back if I try to get him on the ship that is more than I bargained for I think. I am not good a trying to book cabins do not know 1 thing I am doing.....
You don't have to book with someone else. Your agent can do the booking. Just not inside the group she purchased. That's why it's more money for the add'l cabin. If your son's friend will go and there is a cabin available, call your T/A and get a cabin before that is no longer an option. The difference in cost is not worht all the frustration you're puting yourself through. Its easy to fix and just takes a little more money to do so. Book them a cabin.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
quote:
You don't have to book with someone else. Your agent can do the booking. Just not inside the group she purchased. That's why it's more money for the add'l cabin. If your son's friend will go and there is a cabin available, call your T/A and get a cabin before that is no longer an option. The difference in cost is not worht all the frustration you're puting yourself through. Its easy to fix and just takes a little more money to do so. Book them a cabin.

Cheers, Neil

I asked her again to book them a cabin she said she do not have anymore cabins to book I think she is missing the point all together. My son will just have to enjoy the cruise alone and now I do not know if the dad is willing to pay more money now, It's just a mess I am going to try to enjoy my cruise and hope that my son will have a nice one too as well Frustrated MOM

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dilemma, liberty, rooms, unassigned