Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM

I have alot of my swimsuits and some clothes that I will be taking on my trip, just a random poll how soon do you begin packing for your trip. I have 4 months to go and clothes are laid out just need to put them in the suitcase which is very premature . Trying to get thru the days.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-23-2006, 04:12 PM

Yes it is a little premature. We packed about 3 days before we left. That was a 7 day on the Victory. What we did was buy some new stuff a little at a time. That way the pocket does not feel it. I would start soon.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I pack two or three days before. I do start making a list a couple of weeks before so I don;t forget something. I hate it when I remember something after I get on the ship
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-23-2006, 07:18 PM

Hi Nita,
We leave in 2 1/2 mo. and I haven't started packing or anything, but I have taken a visual inventory and started a "remember to bring" list...
Exciting but kinda like torture at the same time, huh?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:34 AM

well what ever makes you get through the days faster my wife is doing inventory now she has the list made out getting things ready and we do not leave until oct she gets very excited it would drive her crazy to wait till the week before
Old 04-24-2006, 08:15 AM

We leave in October as well. Everything is washed, dry cleaned and ready to go. I usually pack items that wont wrinkle or don't matter if they wrinkle about a week or two in advance so I can start my inventory. I pack the stuff that will wrinkle the night before we leave, then I can't sleep. So I toss and turn, jump up before the alarm goes off, take my shower, get ready to go and pack the last minute items. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16 AM

Hey Nita. I am a early packer myself, but I find that I have to unpack to make sure I had everything I needed . My wife laughs at me, but so far I have never forgotten anything on any of our land trips. First cruise for us, but I guess packing for any trip is about the same. Just keep on doing what feels right for you..and if you have to unpack and start all over, look how much fun you will have!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:40 AM

The list writing begins a couple weeks early. (Or when I get the first "oh I need to bring that" revelation.) But the actually packing doesn't start until 3 days or so before hand.

Except for our upcoming Alaska cruise. Since we needed warmer clothes for it, the wife packed most of the kids stuff about a month and a half ago because she was changing out their winter clothes for summer gear and figured it would be easier just to throw it in a suitcase once. In Texas, we don't get a Spring.. it goes straight to hot and then dang hot...

But I agree, months early is a bit much, but then again, everyone deals with the excitement of a cruise in their own way.. If you want to pack.. then knock yourself out!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-24-2006, 12:25 PM

we need only two days to pack. Made a list with cloth we want to take with us. A week before we are sure those garments a clean - an than: hurry up...

Have a nice cruise
Uwe
Old 04-25-2006, 09:48 AM

I think I could pack for a cruise in my sleep I have done it so many times - and will never complain about doing it. I always stay up the night before I leave and do all my packing at once. (I find it easier not to forget things if I just sit and do it all at one time.) But I do start making a list a month or so before I sail of things I need to pick up, do, etc.

To each his own though - whatever works best for you is the way to go.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, cloths, cruise, cruises, lists, pack, packing, wrinkle