Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM

Is this a good ship? I've been on Carnival ships before and there was nothing to do since their ships tends to be older than Royal Caribbean's, for example.

There was ping-pong, basketball, pool, and that was about it, and it pales in comparison to Rock Climbing, mini golf, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:29 PM

This is a newer ship. 2002 I believe and much larger than Royal Carribbean. I am going on this one for the first time in August. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time!!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 AM

Why would someone take a cruise to climb a fake rock, or play putt-putt?

Nothing to do? Pick your ports better, and limit sea days if you are bored being on a ship. I am never bored with the R&R of a Fun Ship Cruise.

If I want to climb a rock I will go to Colorado and do the real thing. If I to want Putt-Putt I will walk to one.

Is all a matter of tastes and priorities I guess. I Cruise for the ports and the sea, and meeting people, and the entertainment. I have never been bored. Actually I find myself not getting to do everything.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:40 AM

The Carnival Conquest came out in November 2002.
It was refurbished in 2005. It is a nice ship. There is plenty to do. It just depends what your likes and dislikes are. If you actually use the rock climbing when you go on RCI and that us important to you; then no, you will not find rock climbing on the Conquest.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM

This is a very nice ship and lots to do. However, they will sell liquor to minors( someone that looks 12) and blame every other department on the ship for the an ill offence. A drunk child and reciepts show it all. It was a shame. I would consider quality vs quanity. Maybe they all do it but this was only my 2nd cruis, and both with Carnival. Never again!! Good luck! I only want you to know this because it could happen to anyone... I didn't think it would with all the praises about Carnival from these sites...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mz.hollywood:
This is a very nice ship and lots to do. However, they will sell liquor to minors( someone that looks 12) and blame every other department on the ship for the an ill offence. A drunk child and reciepts show it all. It was a shame. I would consider quality vs quanity. Maybe they all do it but this was only my 2nd cruis, and both with Carnival. Never again!! Good luck! I only want you to know this because it could happen to anyone... I didn't think it would with all the praises about Carnival from these sites...
It can Only Happen if you Have an Irresponsible Guardian,.....WATCH THE CHILD IT"S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 AM
I have never been on RCI, so I haven't experienced the rock wall, mini golf, etc., but I cruised on the Conquest last April, and I thought it was wonderful. I was never bored, the service was great, the food was great - a top-notch cruise all around. I wouldn't be going Carnival again this year if I wasn't completely satisfied with my trip on the Conquest!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 PM

I am cruising on Conquest on April 8th, Looking so forward to it. Been on Carnival Fantasy in July 1999 and had a BLAST. There seems to always be something to do on the ship. If nothing else just the R&R will be worth it. Traveling with 4 other family members, Empress deck - WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Countin' down the days.

mz.hollywood - I tend to agree with the other's. In 1999 we took our two kids, our son was 16 at the time, he was TOTALLY my responsibility. If he had been drinking, I would DEFINATELY not have taken it out on the ship, HE would have been the one in trouble because he knows better.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by llk:
I am cruising on Conquest on April 8th, Looking so forward to it. Been on Carnival Fantasy in July 1999 and had a BLAST. There seems to always be something to do on the ship. If nothing else just the R&R will be worth it. Traveling with 4 other family members, Empress deck - WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Countin' down

mz.hollywood - I tend to agree with the other's. In 1999 we took our two kids, our son was 16 at the time, he was TOTALLY my responsibility. If he had been drinking, I would DEFINATELY not have taken it out on the ship, HE would have been the one in trouble because he knows better.
Enjoy your time on the Conquest! Sure hope you'll let us know how it was when you return. I can't wait for my turn!!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Conquest was a beautiful, well-maintained ship. We visited Cozumel, G. Cayman and Jamaica on her. Our family had no complaints. Of course, our family can live without the ice skating rinks and rock climbing wall that RCCL offers. Although, we would like to see what the surfing wave pool is all about. Looks like fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
8th, april, carnival, climbing, conquest, cruisers, email, good, putt, reviews, rock, ship, site