Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Since joining these boards a month ago I have noticed the smuggling alcohol question is old and tired but seems to spur similar banter to the jeans at dinner questions. One thing I have not seen is if anyone has actually had alcohol confiscated and what that is like. Do they try to embarrass you by pulling you out of a line or does the ship police come to your room and make a spectacle of you in front of your kids? I of course have no plans to commit such a heinous crime and by no means would consider wearing jeans to dinner but thought some of the other readers might be interested.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

I've had wine removed from my checked luggage. No fanfare, no up against the wall and spread 'em. Just a disheartening orange card identifying what was confiscated and that it would be available for retrieval after disembarkation.

I had wine confiscated as I declared it going through security. Again, no fanfare or over the top rent a cop stuff. They filled out the orange card and advised that I could collect it at the end of the cruise.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 AM

GoinCrusin is exactly right. There is nothing embarassing about it. They just keep it until you leave. The only problem is that they hold your bags...so you can't unpack until later. Granted it's a small inconvenience, but it IS an inconvenience. Hope you didn't pack your ****** there! Oops, did I say that??
Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
I've had wine removed from my checked luggage. No fanfare, no up against the wall and spread 'em. Just a disheartening orange card identifying what was confiscated and that it would be available for retrieval after disembarkation.

I had wine confiscated as I declared it going through security. Again, no fanfare or over the top rent a cop stuff. They filled out the orange card and advised that I could collect it at the end of the cruise.
I thought a bottle of wine was allowed??
Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM

It's true. However, my intuition tells me that goin' cruisin' had more than one with him.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
It's true. However, my intuition tells me that goin' cruisin' had more than one with him.
More than one case?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:48 PM

Crusin'

Thank you for your candor. Oh, this post wasn't for me was it.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

You know what folks...I'm dazed and confused. I thought I was in RCCL land, which is the cruise line that treated me with respect when they confiscated my 11 bottles (but left 2) from my checked luggage, and 7 bottles that I declared as I embarked.....Sorry.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:43 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the way RC treated you GC. You enjoyed a couple and they held on to the rest so you could enjoy it later. How is that orange card collection coming?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

I whole heartedly agree; I did not mean for that to sound like I was dissin' RCCL. I had an idea going in that that would happen; and I do say, the 2 they left for us were 2 of the better bottles! I wonder if they knew...

Closed Thread