Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 06:29 PM

I have asked this question on another message board and have gotten mixed answers.What activities are there for me at age 18? I feel on carnival I am stuck in the middle. Yes I can hang with the 16-17 crowd. Right? I am a few months over 18. And I am pretty sure on Carnival you cannot drink when your 18.

So can I hang with the 15 or 16-17 group? How is the teen nightlife on board? Are a lot of people in this age group?

I have heard I can be in the disco even though I am 18 yet I have heard from other people I cannot enter.

I feel like I'm stuck in between. 1 year seems to make a big difference.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Carnival's policy for the disco is that no one under 18 can be there after 11pm. So - you are safe for all hours it is opened. You can certainly hang with anyone you wish regardless of their age.

The teen nightlife really depends on what time of year the cruise is. You will have more teens in the summer or during holidays. Carnival is quite strict about the drinking age being 21. They enforce it rigorously. Royal Caribbean allows 18 year olds to drink beer if local law allows it while in port. RCCL also allows 18 year olds to drink beer while at sea.

You can participate in anything you want at the age of 18. About the only thing you can't do is drink alcohol. The older teens on the cruises I have been on seem to have a big time without getting tanked. Depending on the ship, the arcade is a big hangout. And for some reason the upper decks around the main pools are teen magnets. I am not sure why.

Closed Thread

Tags
18, age, cruises