Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM

If cellulite = yes
and/or weight equal to or greater than 125 lbs
then thong = no

Old 07-27-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Thongs may be legal. But is not socially acceptable to the majority of fellow passengers. The reason people gawk is it is not the norm, and people are offended, or see something out of the norm. What is the purpose of offending people when you have the choice not to? If someone needs this much attention why don't they just dye their hair pink or something. The ship's common areas are just that. Common areas for families on vacation, it is not the show stage for pushing the limits of swimwear.
You are on vacation why should you have to worry about what other people think?? If they don't like it then they shouldn't look. I say when on vacation do whatever is comfortable and relaxing to you, afterall that is what vacation is for!!!! If others don't like it that is their problem not yours!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:59 PM

just our two cents there is kids on the ship just out of respect for families and kids i think your balcony or topless deck would be better just a thought
Old 07-28-2006, 06:18 AM

I wouldn't wear a thong now, but back in my early 20's i might have. Again, I don't mean any disrespect but you are on the cruise for yourself, to relax on a nice vacation. It is about making yourself happy, not others!! If the parents with small children are going to have a problem with these kinds of things maybe they should choose something more along the lines of the Disney Cruise Line where they cater to families and children. When I am on vacation I don't want to worry about anyone but myself and my husband.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Banned

The best sun bathing outfit I seen was 2 bottle caps and a cork from a wine bottle. I think the person was at the beach, wanted to lay out, didn't have her suit so she adapted and use what she found on the beach.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:58 AM

I think anytime you are in a social environment you should try to adapt and respect others. The Idea of thinking about yourself is what has led to this type rude behavior we see now. This would be the same person that talks on a cell phone in a Movie Theater. Carnival is a Family cruise line with Award Winning Camp Carnival for kids. When someone develops a "ME" cruise line let me know. But in the meantime we have this and should respect each other.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM

I am not the rude person who talks on a cell phone in the theater or anything along those lines. If you read my last post I said I wouldn't wear a thong. Last time I checked we live in America and thong bathing suits aren't illegal so if someone choses to wear one, that is their right. If others don't like it that is thier problem. Why should the person in the thong have to change their lifestyle or things they enjoy because someone else doesn't like it. I didn't know it was everyone's responsibility to make sure everyone around them was happy and not offended. I will say the bottle caps and cork is going a little far. It wouldn't offend me but it's a little much if you ask me.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:20 AM

The whole thing is stupid anyway. No one wears them but People that shouldn't. I don't want some middle age woman with thinking she is going to pull this off, or some hairy *** guy ahead of me in the buffett line. If you want to be naked take yourself to the cabin and disgust each other, I don't want you near my food.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RIG:
Can anyone advise if thong bathing suits are allowed on the topless sun decks of Carnival ships? I know this may sound weird for a topless deck, but tops and bottoms are sometimes
different rules. Not sure that I will wear one, but want to know my options.
Thanks
I would say wear it!!! If you have the body to wear one, then go for it!! I think it's great! The worst that can happen is an employee will tell you it's not allowed. In that case I would take another suit just incase. And as long as you don't mind people gawking and possible rude comments (like the ones made by a person commenting on this discussion) then you are good to go!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:22 AM

I think it is great the are comfortable with their bodies. I agree I would rather not see the men or overweight people in a thong but more power to them if they are comfortable with their bodies. There are too many people in this world that say you have to be a perfect 10, barbie doll.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, aloud, bathing, carnival, cruise, etiquette, fat, people, ship, ships, suit, suits, sunbathing, swimwear, topless, toppless