Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 01:18 PM

Can anyone advise if thong bathing suits are allowed on the topless sun decks of Carnival ships? I know this may sound weird for a topless deck, but tops and bottoms are sometimes
different rules. Not sure that I will wear one, but want to know my options.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 01:58 PM

I would think it would be okay up there but NOT sure. Wish my butt still looked good enough after babies to wear a thong!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-12-2005, 07:36 AM

Hi RIG,
I've worn a thong on both the Conquest and the Elation and no one has said anything to me. Sure there is a lot of laughing and the pointing of fingers. But then, I'm a middle-aged guy, and not one of the ship's young female dancers who make up the majority of the thong wearing topless sunbathers.
When I was last on the Conquest, I met a group of six young women who all seemed to know each other, but I could hear at least three different accents. When I asked one of them about that, she told me that they were dancers on the ship. England, Australia, Canada and the US were all represented. When I was last on the Elation, I couldn't help but bring up the topic of the height of all the Elation dancers when I was sunbathing next to one. I didn't ask how tall she was, but I'm guessing close to six feet.
Anyway, if thong sunbathing is OK for the staff, nobody is going to give one of the guests a problem. You will run into gawkers though. The topless area is designed to keep you from offending anyone who doesn't want to see topless or thong sunbathing, not to keep people who want to get a peek from wandering up and just hanging around. That doesn't bother me, because I generally tan nude out at Hippie Hollow on the lake here in Austin, but some people get upset about it.
Just keep covered up until you get to the topless deck and you won't have a problem.
Chet

PS Nude sunbathing isn't allowed on the topless deck.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:32 AM

Go for it. Its your vacation. And they better be wicked weasels.

Cruisin' to the Bahamas
Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 PM

It's the caribbean. Thongs are actually overdressing at some beaches. No one that I have ever seen really will care. I have been on nine cruises and I actually appreciate thongs, however there are some who should "restrain." Once you leave the U.S. you leave the "sexually repressed" and enter the rest of the world. Wear what you like and enjoy it all! Have fun.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Cheddar:

I have some comments about male cruisers and thongs.

Could it have been you?

Conquest 10/15/06
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/10/06
Grand Princess 1/06
Conquest 9/05/05
Grandeur of the Sea 2/05
Elation 1/04
Conquest 9/03
Celebration 1/03
Celebration 1/01
Nowiegen 9/00
Commodore 9/06
Commodore 4/96
Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 AM

Thongs may be legal. But is not socially acceptable to the majority of fellow passengers. The reason people gawk is it is not the norm, and people are offended, or see something out of the norm. What is the purpose of offending people when you have the choice not to? If someone needs this much attention why don't they just dye their hair pink or something. The ship's common areas are just that. Common areas for families on vacation, it is not the show stage for pushing the limits of swimwear.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:14 AM

I may have read the posts and confused the question. If on the Topless sunbathing area I don't think they will complain or object to you wearing a thong up there.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 PM

If you were a thong let's HOPE you have the body for it. My kids would be grossed out if I walked around a family ship in one. But then again I'm their mom!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 PM

Sorry, I meant wear.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, aloud, bathing, carnival, cruise, etiquette, fat, people, ship, ships, suit, suits, sunbathing, swimwear, topless, toppless