Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 04:16 PM

wow i'll be glad when i'm able to do the
doc dance with you all. my cruise is the
22nd of june. should i be expecting mine soon.
also i booked with a t.a. i forgot to ask her
if they come to the agency or me and if the come as quick.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:07 PM

Hey Shondie, They keep changing things. But usually and in the past, if you book with an agent they get the Docs first and then forward to you. Should be in the 2-4 week range.

Maybe Carol or Neil will see this and give a better time frame. Last year on here we had people getting them 5 weeks, and a few waiting on Fed-ex 2 days before the cruise.

It is usually 3-4 weeks for me. I can't wait to you get them, you seem really excited with good reason. Turn that Caps Lock back on and shout and dance
Old 05-13-2007, 07:38 AM

Carnival's website has a new feature wherein you can now print you Docs yourself. Just go through the motions of looking at your reservation and you will see a button at the top of the page that says something like "cruise documents" or "view documents". If you hit that link you will see in pdf the complete set of documents that usually come in the mail, including luggage tags.

I think they will eventually get away from mailing documents b/c it is expensive and, except for the sail and sign card form, you don't use or need them.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 05-13-2007, 02:06 PM

When you book through a travel agent, the documents go to the travel agent. I don't think you can even print them. But why would you want to? They're only papers. The key thing you'll get with your docs is your luggage tags. Be patient. Docs come 4-6 weeks before!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Hi Shondie,

They will send your tick's to your T/A. They never come at the same time frame so I tell all my clients to expect them a couple of weeks before they sail. They are almost always to you ahead of that time frame but if we set worst case senario expectations we don't disappoint.

The tickets by the way are pretty much souveniers. You really don't need them. The best advice I can give you is go ahead and go to www.carnival.com. Look in the lower left corner of the screen. There is a tab that says "Fun Pass". Click on it and put in your booking #, ship and sail date, etc. Fill in all the blanks and at the end it will prompt you to print the fun pass. This registers you for your cruise and you can do the doc dance. That is your boarding pass. When the tickets come just use the bag tags and disregard the rest. Use the Fun Pass to check in. It's save you time at the pier.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-13-2007, 08:42 PM

I knew Neil would have a better estimate. They do tear something out of my Docs, but I am not sure what it is. I think it is the page you sign acknowledging terms and conditions.

Anyway, I sure hope they don't quit sending the Docs. It is so fun and exciting to get them, and I keep all of mine for souveniers. It is neat to look back and remember, and they have settled a few arguements as well. "We went to Barbados on the Pride..Oh, Honey we did not"
Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 AM

Also be on the lookout for any supplemental immigration documentation that may be included in the tickets. For example, if the Bahamas is one of your ports-of-call, almost certainly Bahamas Immigration Cards will be included in the tickets. Like the Funpass (and for expedience sake), these need to be filled out before arriving at the port of embarkation.

Garnett
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 AM

garnettsmith,
I got two forms w/my Docs, but I was not sure what they were for. That must be it, what are they for??
Old 05-14-2007, 02:02 PM

IslandCruz,

Thanks for the confidence. On the quote below...

I sure hope they don't quit sending the Docs. It is so fun and exciting to get them, and I keep all of mine for souveniers.

If they quit and go to eDocs the savings in shipping cost is in the $$ millions anually. That's why so many of the lines have converted. From a professional perspective I hate real docs and wish they'd all go to electronic docs. I spend at least 3 hours of each week creating shipping lables and sending all the tickets and other things the cruise lines want agents to get in your hands. HAL and Carnival are about the only holdouts to stick rigidly to real paper docs. Even Princess has recently converted. I'm looking forward the the paperless society I read is coming but can't find where I read it, must be burried under all the paper that covers my desk!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread