Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:23 AM

I am looking for a reputable online travel agency that provides free travel insurance when you book though the. I used to use Directlinecruises..com but they don't handle Holland America. The two I discovered were ecruises.com and Topcruiseclub.com. Anyone have experience with either of these two agewncys. In addition, at Topcruiseclub, the agent I spoke to indicated they by airfare in bulk. Am I likely to save money by going through them to arrange my airfare.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:44 AM

I have never heard of Top Club. What travel associations do they belong to? Do they have the proper sellers of travel license? Are they in good standing with BBB?

Bulk airfare may or may not be a better price. But you also need to consider the itinerary. Does it have you making more than one connection? Undesirable times? Which airlines, low cost airlines or major airlines? Will you still be able to get frequent flyer miles? Also what are the rules if you have to cancel or change? Who will make those changes Top Club or the airline?

Free travel insurance may sound like a great benefit and used by online agencies as a gimick to get you to buy from them. Beware though of the coverages. Will it cover pre-existing? Trip delay? Trip interuption? Supplier default? What are the reasons for cancelling it will cover? What are the coverage amounts? If it covers medical evacuation is it up to $15,000 or up to $50,000?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:19 PM

My insurance needs are very modest. I will only need to cancel if one of our parents take ill or anyone in our immediate family take ill. The pther stuff I am not really worried about
Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 PM

I agree you still have to be careful about the insurance. You said you're concerned about one of your parents taking ill, causing you to cancel. If a parent takes ill due to a pre-existing condition, you still may NOT be covered. There are certain conditions under which you must buy the insurance to also cover someone not traveling with you, and to cover yourselves and immediate family for cancellations due to pre-existing conditions.

Cruise Fanatic also made very good points about the airfare.

Let us know what you decide. At least you know some of the questions to ask.

Sandy
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Where would you get all this information on the agency. I've googled them but did not find any reviews.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM

Hi Eddieg24,

I have not heard of topcruiseclub either. You have received very good advice concerning this.

I also want to remind everyone that advertising and soliciting works both ways. Regardless if you are advertising a company, or seeking one. It is against our Terms of Service.

Please post General Cruise questions in the General Cruise Chat section located here.

Thanks,
Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
agency, airfare, directlinecruisecom, ecruisescom, free, insurance, review, reviews, travel