Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM

My wife and I are scheduled on the Conquest for November 5. We are celebrating our anniversary and really want to spend our time dining with just one another and not have to worry about making conversation with others during this time. What is the best sure fire way to secure a table for two?
Old 10-06-2006, 03:27 AM

I know exactly what you mean. We have had to go to the maitre d as soon as we got onto the ship. Last cruise we had a booth with just the two of us, unfortunately we were between two tables with babies. The specialty resturant gave us a splendid table for two next to a window. Definetly worth the extra money for a special meal. We are using the carnival club this next trip and have requested a table for two so we will see how that works. Note, stay away from the Carnival Club not all it's cracked up to be.
Post Your Caribbean Trip Reviews
Old 10-06-2006, 01:22 PM

My wife Judy and I always ask for a table for two and our request has never been denied. However, we are at the maitre d station as soon as he opens. Normally its at 1 p.m. So we always board early in order to make it. Let him know its your anniversary. We usually request a table as close to the window as we can get.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM

We requested a table for two using the Carnival Vacation Club for our next trip. I hope that it works because it's silly but I don't really like having to ask when I get on board.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:36 PM

You should let it be known when you book your cruise what time and size table you desire. If you booked through a Travel Agent call them and have your request put in your record now. Then once you get on the ship if you didn't get a table for two, then talk to the Maitre'D
Old 10-06-2006, 05:40 PM

Word to the wise.

Use the advise of herb and judy and get to the maitre'd as soon as you can. The line gets long very quickly. We were on the pride in 2005 and we had to wait an hour for them to change our table. I agree talk to your travel agent and then be one of the first to get onto the ship so you know what is going on.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:04 AM

I agree with whickey, and Herb and Judy.

The Travel Agent can tell them about the occasion and request early or late seating. They can even request you be seated with other cruisers. But the Maitre'D is the man to see.

You should have no problem at all

Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, carnival, carribean, cruise, d, line, maitre, reqeust, request, royal, ship, table, two