Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 PM

Has anyone ever used the websites vacationstogo.com?? If so how did it work out? Are there any other discounted websites you can recommended to book a cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Gabbie

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM

It is generally not considered within the board guidelines to mention specific travel agencies. But that particular company is a very large outfit that even publishes a magazine. They are a good reference site to look up cruises, but I would suggest you shop around and compare their prices to other well known internet-based agencies.

Hank
Old 11-05-2007, 09:23 PM

We tried an internet place on our first cruise.
We now prefer to deal with our local TA. We still search the net, but she has always come thru for us. Plus she is full of extras for us, a nice gift tray in the room, welcome home cards ect.
I think the local TA is the only way to go.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 PM

We have used both a local TA as well as an internet site called Cruisecompete.com I highly recommend that site. Allows you to get cruise bids from multiple agencies. We save more than $800 dollars on the last cruise I booked.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabbie247:
Has anyone ever used the websites vacationstogo.com?? If so how did it work out? Are there any other discounted websites you can recommended to book a cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Gabbie
Gabbie, I logged in and received their email for a while. I found that they never had a better price than the Carnival TA. It may have been due to getting a military discount. However I did email them and recieved a very nice personal email back, closing my membership and inviting me to rejoin any time. It was an OK experience but I never bought due to price.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 AM

We have used this group twice ... however, we have gotten better pricing from Carnival direct on all our latest cruises by couple of hundred at least and better located cabins.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

I am using the CruiseWeb for the cruise I am taking over spring break and it seems to be really good. We have 5 families going so far and they are working with all of us and have gotten us all good deals.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM

I have never used "Vacationstogo", but I know someone that has used them at least 3 times, and have been happy with them. I did check them out a few years ago with the BBB, and they seemed to be a good company to work through. I do (so far) book my cruises through a TA, this way if something happens, they are in my area, and I feel more "comfortable" talking with them about my problem.

I do get emails all the time from Vacationstogo, and therein I "compare" prices that they may have and what my TA give me.

brneyes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

One of our more active members is an agent for VTG!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabbie247:

Thanks in advance.

Gabbie
I checked with Vacations to go on the cruise we are about to go Nov 24, 07 and their prices did not compare with the military discount I receive from Carnival, via my PVP. I personally prefer talking to a company official who has sailed on the ships. Our first PVP with Carnival put us in an ideal location, close to elevators and the main deck on Celebration. It wasn't until we got on board that ship that we realized we could have had much worse room cabin locations.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, cruze, discount, discounted, dollars, good, review, reviews, site, sites, web, website, websites, work