Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: St. Martinville, La.
Posts: 102
I'm hoping someone can answer this question. I'm cruising with my two daughters to Playa del Carmen. My husband isn't coming. Do I have to have a notorized letter with his permission for them to go into Mexico? I read this somewhere so I wanted to find out for sure.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Cruise Specialist's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 796
Not on a cruise, as long as the children have the same last name as you and your husband, and have their birth certificates or passports they will be fine. I do recommend to my clients that if one parent is not sailing then it is not a bad idea to have a notarized letter with them, but so far nobody has had to use it.
Cruise Specialist

Free Cruise Clocks

Free Cruise Clocks

Free Cruise Clocks

Request me as a friend at www.myspace.com/cleopard

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2006, 01:56 PM
peachcrek's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: usa
Posts: 603
yes you will need to have a form filled out for both children and noterized and signed by your sponse, I had to do this with my grand children and my daughter, she needed the paper to travel with the children, since daddy stayed home, and we had to show them at customs and we also had to show the cruise line. Fran
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2006, 04:09 PM
LisaP's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,589
Yes, a letter is required for travel to Mexico, and strongly suggested all other times.

From the Carnival Web site (Carnival Minor Policies)

"When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico."
Happy cruising!
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,370
Always better to be safe than sorry. Even if no one asks for it, best to have it. As mentioned, some cruise lines require it.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2006, 04:37 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19
Question for Carol,
What if you are traveling with children whose last name is different? I have remarried and my children still have my ex-husband's last name. Will it be okay if I just bring my marriage license? Or do I need a notarized letter from him? (YIKES! He will make my life horrible just for asking!)

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alaska with children travelbliss Alaska Port Chat 12 04-03-2008 09:22 PM
Restaurants/Children JoesMom Royal Caribbean Cruise Line 4 01-28-2008 02:32 PM
Children Spiritfilled General Cruise Chat 27 07-24-2007 03:13 PM
Less Children cgsample General Cruise Chat 11 03-07-2007 08:07 AM
Cruising on the Enchantment on the 11th of May with children...is this a good ship for children??? PuppyPuddles Royal Caribbean Cruise Line 4 04-18-2003 07:55 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Contact Us - Terms of Use - Cruise Reviews Home - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2