Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 12:16 PM

If you have the opportunity do you choose Port or Starboard? I have read that one side of the ship is nonsmoking and the other for smoking is this true and are there any other notable differences? We have a balcony cabin on the Starboard side and wondered good or bad?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't know about Carnival, but on Princess the one side smoking and the other non-smoking only applies to the open decks; you may smoke in any of the cabins. I would personally like to see it apply to the whole ship.

Otherwise, there is no difference between port and starboard.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Same on Carnival. The Port/Starboard only allpsy to open decks. You can smoke in the cabins and balconies on either side.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM

The open decks on the Starboard side are smoking permitted in some areas. Not any difference for the cabins. Unless you are certain of a ship's porting routine and want a balcony for a view of a particular port.

Just My Humble Opinion.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:59 PM

Carnival ships are having the same smoking policy like all the others,you can smoke on the open decks and designated places around the ship!However passenger cabin is still a smoking place as far i know,whatever you read is about open deck by the pool.
Quote:
Originally posted by dhornick:
If you have the opportunity do you choose Port or Starboard? I have read that one side of the ship is nonsmoking and the other for smoking is this true and are there any other notable differences? We have a balcony cabin on the Starboard side and wondered good or bad?

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, carnival, cruise, fascination, legend, port, portside, prefer, princess, ship, side, smoking, spendor, starboard, starbord