Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:16 PM

We are booked on a 7 day cruise in January, we currently are booked in a 4D stateroom (most basic but on an okay deck not in the middle). We are debating about spending the extra money for oceanview($200) and even debating about a balcony($500). Is either of them worth the money? is there a chance we can get a cheaper upgrade later? Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I really enjoy having a balcony to relax on.

For a seven day cruise I would at least go for the ocean view. I just don't like not having a window to look out.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM

It all depends on your budget. A balcony is wonderful, but if it means not being able to enjoy yourself on the cruise, then any cabin is fine. I personally would rather do a balcony, but definitely agree with Larry, an oceanview is better than an inside. Especially on a week cruise.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I also agree that if it is in your budget it is wonderful to have a balcony. I love sitting out in the morning with coffee and it is nice to even do a lunch on your balcony...but it comes with a WARNING, it is so hard to go back, we always now want a balcony and after just having a hugh one with 2 chaise lounge and table and chairs it will be tough not being able to lay and take a nap !! How spoiled we get

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 AM

It really depends on your budget. That $200 pays for your auto gratuities for the week. This means that your total cost of the cruise is less. We like to have an oceanview just for the light, but we have also done the inside to save the money.

I say that most of the time you are only in the cabin for sleeping and changing clothes/showering. It truly doesn't matter what type of cabin you are in. So if you are budget constrainded, don't fret about having an inside. Maybe you will get upgraded (unless you picked the cabin and did not reserve in a "to be assigned" cabin). If you picked the cabin when booking (which it sounds like you did) then you probably won't get upgraded.

Balconies and suites are nice, but not if it means you don't have that money to buy drinks or trinkets or go on an excursion....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
sarahski - Is this your first cruise? If so -you might find that a low priced oceanview cabin will give you the most satisfaction on your first cruise. Inside cabins are fine and we have many friends that love them and their lower cost-but they are all experienced cruisers. Spend the extra $200-if you can- and let the view of the sea rub its gentle balm into your psyche! You'll not regret it!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, carnival, cruise, fascination, interior, ocean, oceanview, pictures, review, reviews, stateroom, suite, triumph, victory, view