Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 03:22 PM

I can't believe how many people complain about their cruise. The stories about the Holiday and Sensation seem to be a little bit far fetched. Before I took a cruise on the Holiday 2 years ago there were many people who complained about everything. Of course if you looked hard enough you could find something to complain about. People seem to forget that this is a fairly inexpensive vacation and they should take little things with a grain of salt.

If there has ever been anything that I would complain about a cruise would be the inconsiderate people who are cruising. The chair hogging, the seat saving etc.

It's VACATION people...make the best of it and enjoy.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Well said, roynga. In the case of the Holiday, it is a 20+ year old ship near the end of her service life and it is not marketed as a luxury cruise. I happen to like the Holiday a lot. I'm not sure how many years she has left but I will feel a pang of sorrow when it ends. I think we all have taken cruises where you overhear people whining about every little thing. I try to not let them bother me or ruin my vacation. It really takes a lot to upset my good time. There were a lot of complaints about the Sensation and Holiday on their first cruises after the FEMA charters, and from a lot of people. I have to think that at least some of the complaints were genuine.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:58 PM

I believe that SOME of the complaints are legit and some very much blown out of proportion to make a point.
The Holiday is a small ship that many people like because it don't have the mass crowds to contend with. While it is an older ship, it still fairs well in appearance. I think so far she has been my favorite ship to sail on.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:42 AM

Dave,

I'm very sure the "Holiday" has many more years left. Not on the North American market, of course, but I'm sure Carnival would be able to find a new home for her. Over here in Germany, two cruise lines are intrtoducing "new" ships this year that were actually built in the early 70s (among them Royal Caribbean's former "Nordic Prince"). Many Europeans enjoy smaller, older ships.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-23-2006, 05:10 AM

There are just people in this world you LOVE to complain. Sat with three ladies on our last cruise at dinner they started RIGHT out. Tea wasn't sweet and bus boy didn't bring enough sugar, on an on an on. Had to ask the matre'd to move us after second night, decided they were a 'bring down' they didn't like ANYTHING on the menu, wanted chicken all the time...the most embarssing thing was running into them in the ELEVATOR the night we moved. Oh well! NO ONE is gonna ruin my cruise. I'm there to relax and have FUN!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 AM

I agree that complaining all the time accomplishes nothing but ruins the vacation for others. It also gets nothing changed. When people complain about everything, the cruise line stops listening to even legitimate complaints.

I just got off a cruise yesterday and the only thing I can complain about is that it ended and now I have post cruise depression.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:29 AM

My complaints were not about the ship or the service. I was one of the 'parking lot people' that were left for 9 hours with no food, water or toliets while the Sensation (March 23rd) was repaired due to 6 safety violations. I felt someone from Carnival could have come to that lot and at least moved the elderly and babies to an indoor location.

I have reconsidered, I will sail again because it was a great time after we boarded. It was the embarkment and Carnivals lack of concern that upset me.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Raoul,

Good point about the Holiday probably having another life in a different market. I remember another favorite ship of mine - the Song Of America. The Nordic Prince, Sun Viking, and Song Of Norway are still out there someplace too.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Administrator

never_again,

To be sure, leaving you sitting in the parking lot for hours on end was unacceptable. Personally, I have never been impressed with Carnival when it comes to embarkation. Princess always seems to do the best for us.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:18 AM

Ok, if I got to complain about Carnival it would be about embakation and debarkation. It is a nightmare. Carnival is clueless when it comes to those issues.

I am pretty experienced in handling the logistics of crowds at large venues. I told the Carnival people that if they gave me two days I would straighten out the problem for them. They looked at me and said "what problem?" Totaly Clueless.

Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, cruises, princess