Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM

We had a meeting with our travel agent last weekend and she said Carnival "JUST ANNOUNCED" (within the last two or three weeks) that they are now specifically going through all checked baggage and if you have any water or liquids at all, they are confiscating it until you get back off the ship.

We leave Wednesday for our trip out of New Orleans Thursday on the Fantasy. I am a first-time cruiser and just wanted to throw-in a 6-pack of bottled water. Now I wonder. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I suppose I won't really mind if my suitcase shows-up in my room without the water.

We have a lovely travel agent but I noticed some of the information, in general, that she gave us (we are a group of 34) last week - well, it was outdated. I seemed to have gotten more up-to-date information from reading this board that's why her announcement surprised me.

I know I should be excited about this cruise but I just went through a relationship disaster (there is no better way to say it) ..and I am not so sure a cruise is a good idea right now. Surely there will be something to do to take my mind off all this. ugghhhhhhh
Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 AM

sss1, I haven't heard about them confiscating water. A cruise is probably the perfect thing to do to take your mind off of your troubles. If they do take your water, which I doubt, they will give it back, so you aren't loosing anything. However, why take up the room and the extra weight. The water on board the ship is more pure than bottled water and it's free. We usually purchase 2 bottles and fill them from the buffet. If you decide to have fun, there's no way you won't. Best wishes, leave your troubles at home, and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Ditto

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

Not to worry...

we carried on one 12 pack of diet soda and one 12 pack of regular soda and a 6pk of water on the Fantasy August 11th. No problems. The Security will check to make sure the soda is not beer...but that is it.

I have a friend who is a Carnival Rep at the New Orleans port and if anything were to change...he would tell me.

BTW, I would CARRY ON the water and soda and not pack it in checked luggage....the risk of spillage is just to great with the way those bags are handled.

As you can tell from our signature, we have sailed the Fantasy out of New Orleans 3 times since December. Even when they had the "crackdown" over Spring Break...we still carried on exactly what we always do.

no problems....

Have a great cruise and tell Hennie that DJ said HI!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 PM

I agree with penny. Why load up your suitcase with water when the ship water is great. But
I do take a few empty bottles with me so when we go on excursions I can fill up with water.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, america, carnival, carry, cruise, cruises, fluid, holland, liquid, liquids, luggage, restriction, restrictions, security, ships