Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm going on my first cruise ever this Labor Day. I'm super excited, and was wondering if you experienced cruisers have any advice for me. I already booked our interior room (should've looked at the comments first!) The ship is Imagination. It's a 3 night cruise. Any special advice to help me make the most of my experience would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Angelica

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by geli87:
Hi Everyone! I'm going on my first cruise ever this Labor Day. I'm super excited, and was wondering if you experienced cruisers have any advice for me. I already booked our interior room (should've looked at the comments first!) The ship is Imagination. It's a 3 night cruise. Any special advice to help me make the most of my experience would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Angelica
Welcome to cruise chat. First you will love the cruise. I have not done a 3 day but they must have at least a welcome aboard show, don't miss it, and probably a big show with dancers, see it. Watch a sunset from the deck, if you can, watch a sunrise too. Sample all the food, if you try something in the dinning room and don't like it, ask for something else. Try a chocolate melting cake for dessert.

And lastly, be prepared for the best 3 days of your life
Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat. Carnival has a daily bulletin called Carnival Capers. It will have the events listed for each day, and telling you what time and where on the ship. Use a highlighter to highlight the things you want to do. Don't worry, you can't do it all. Guest Relations on the ship can answer a lot of questions for you, don't be afraid to ask. If you see two entrees on the menu and can't decide, then order them both. Don't be shy.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:14 AM

Hi geli87, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your first cruise, just be warned, cruising is addictive If you'll copy and paste the "bb" code, your ticker will work in your signature. I'll second CruiseDad's recommendation on the chocolate melting cake-yummo! If you're going to Nassau, be sure to take a cab over to the Atlantis. There's a free beach adjacent to it (Cabbage Beach), and the property is a really must-see. Hope you have a marvelous time, can't wait to hear about it when you return!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
quote:
Originally posted by geli87:

Thanks,
Angelica
Welcome to cruise chat. First you will love the cruise. I have not done a 3 day but they must have at least a welcome aboard show, don't miss it, and probably a big show with dancers, see it. Watch a sunset from the deck, if you can, watch a sunrise too. Sample all the food, if you try something in the dinning room and don't like it, ask for something else. Try a chocolate melting cake for dessert.

And lastly, be prepared for the best 3 days of your life

Thank you for the advice. I read the post about the chocolate cake, I am so looking forward to it!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
Welcome to Cruise-Chat. Carnival has a daily bulletin called Carnival Capers. It will have the events listed for each day, and telling you what time and where on the ship. Use a highlighter to highlight the things you want to do. Don't worry, you can't do it all. Guest Relations on the ship can answer a lot of questions for you, don't be afraid to ask. If you see two entrees on the menu and can't decide, then order them both. Don't be shy.
I didn't know that I could do that! That's awesome, I am so looking forward to the food and I'm such an undecisive person when it comes to menus. Thank you so much for your help!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Hi geli87, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your first cruise, just be warned, cruising is addictive If you'll copy and paste the "bb" code, your ticker will work in your signature. I'll second CruiseDad's recommendation on the chocolate melting cake-yummo! If you're going to Nassau, be sure to take a cab over to the Atlantis. There's a free beach adjacent to it (Cabbage Beach), and the property is a really must-see. Hope you have a marvelous time, can't wait to hear about it when you return!
I am going to sound so umprepared when I say this but I did not realize that we would be near Atlantis. I've always wanted to go there! This mini vacation is turning out to be one of my best ever! I usually travel 2-4 times a year, I just never thought of looking into a cruise until now. I live about two hours away from the miami port, so I figured why not?

And thanks, I was wondering why I couldn't post my ticker!!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Hi geli87, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congratulations on your first cruise!

Get ready to book another after, because the cruise bug will take it's hold and that is the only cure. Atlantis is truly a must see. The free beach Penny mentioned is to the right of the resort when facing it.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 AM

Congrats on your up and coming adventure. It's so nice to see another "newbie" so excited, yet so green about what to expect on their first cruise. You're so lucky, you depart in just a few short days, compared to my having to wait nearly a year. I'm SOOO jealous! You have to fill us in as soon as you get back. Have a great time.
Vicki
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 AM
we were on that ship last year for a 5 day western carribean. it is a nice ship. there is nothing like your first cruise,so enjoy it. when you get back you will be ready to book another. very addictive. Have a great cruise!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chat, cruise, dress, imagination, menu, nassau, recent, reviews