Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

Please note the ??? behind this subject line.

This is the newest rumor going around. First it was rumored that the Holiday would be history by the end of 2007 and now talk of the Celebration being sold.

Any one else hearing this buzz????
Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator

So now the rumor is both the Holiday and Celebration will be gone? I would hate to see this happen, although obviously these ships are in the twilight of their American market lives.

I got the distinct impression from the CD on the Holiday in March that a new ship was coming to Mobile. Perhaps to Jax too?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 PM

If there is any truth to the rumors about Holiday, whichever ship replaces her will certainly have some big shoes to fill.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 05-06-2007, 02:47 PM

When we were on the Celebration in Feb. There was talk about replacing the Celebration but...because of the suspension bridge that the ship must go under there was not another ship that would be short enough to fit under it unless it was the holiday. The people around there said that they would have to move the cruise port if they were to put a larger boat there. So my thinking is that maybe they will just switch the Holiday and the Celebration. Also the rumor around mobile is that the Holiday is being replaces...I would love to know but I sure would hate to see the Holiday gone. It is such a quaint, cozy ship and I loved my cruises on her. But then again what do I know.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Reagardless of which ships, Carnival is sure to be sending some ships from the fleet to their new Spanish partnership. I cannot imagine them eliminating Jacksonville as a port either. IF the Holiday is in better physical shape than the Celebration (not saying that it is, just IF)Holiday will probably be sent to Jacksonville for its next assignment until a new port can be built that will accomodate larger ships and Mobile will get a Fantasy class, or perhaps even Triumph that never made it to New Orleans! Lots of scenarios to imagine here!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

I am certainly a huge fan of the Holiday - we've cruised on her more than any other vessel! Mobile is not hindered by bridges or other things which would challenge the ship's height. However, the turnaround north of the cruise ship facility is not especially wide so I'd think the length of the ship would be a factor. A Fantasy-class ship would manage it.

The Tropicale was moved to Costa and then to Australia as a P&O ship - could the Celebration be next?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM

TN, I know that a taller ship cannot clear that bridge. The Celebration looks like it barely gets under it by a few feet. On my cruise, all the JAX locals were on lido to see how close it came when we went under.

It would not kill me if they sold or transfered Celebration. But Holiday is a special ship to me and would hate to see it go. They were going to do this before they moved it the last time.

They move Sensation and Elation around so much it would not surprise me if they moved one of them or Ecstasy to Mobile.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
TN, I know that a taller ship cannot clear that bridge. The Celebration looks like it barely gets under it by a few feet. On my cruise, all the JAX locals were on lido to see how close it came when we went under.

It would not kill me if they sold or transfered Celebration. But Holiday is a special ship to me and would hate to see it go. They were going to do this before they moved it the last time.

They move Sensation and Elation around so much it would not surprise me if they moved one of them or Ecstasy to Mobile.
I will have to go back and check my info, but I think (I know that is dangerous)...I think that the Miracle did some special cruises out of Jacksonville. That means a Spirit class could make it under that span ...although as I recall they only had a couple of feet. Perhaps to close to chance it on a regular basis???

Closed Thread