Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:10 AM

Just wondering...what if someone in the cabin can't go on the cuise? Is the other booked passenger still allowed to travel alone? I would think that the money already paid by the non-sailing passenger would be applied to the other fare. Or not.

Any experience with this one?

Thanks,
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

This is a question for one of the agents.

It is also a good example for getting trip cancellation insurance.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 AM

It may depend on when the roommate decides he can't go. If it's before final payment is due, he gets his money back and the remaining roommate's cruise fare is changed to a single occupancy rate.

If it's after final payment, but not yet within the 100% penalty period, the canceled roommate could still get some money back and it's possible the remaining roommate may owe more money. If it's within the 100% penalty period (usually 2-4 weeks before sailing) and the roommate's money is not refundable, then the remaining roommate can still go as planned but the canceled roommate doesn't get any money back, unless s/he had insurance. The cruise line will know the roommate is a no-show when everyone has checked in, so he'll still be considered a single at that point but no more money should be due from him, as the roommate's fare could be applied to the single's remaining amount due.

Does that make sense?

Sandy
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Yes, Sandy, thanks.

I travel with my 85-year old Dad and in case he is unable to go on either of our next 2 booked cruises, I was wondering if I could still go without paying any more.

He does have insurance on both trips, but wouldn't want a refund if it meant it would cost me any more to go.

His next trip coming up on the 24th is his Platinum cruise. He spent 20 years in the Navy and was stationed on 4 ships, but has never been so excited about cruising as he is about this one!

Yea, Dad!

Thanks again, Sandy,
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Good luck with this Mary. Sandy did an excellent job of explaining this as always. I hope your Dad gets to go.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
back, booked, cancels, carnival, cruise, cruises, gt, insurance, member, money, part, refund, roomate, roommate, show