Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 AM
I received an email from a cruise travel agent company (don't know that I can say which one) but it was offering an All Inclusive Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Glory. Price included all taxes, fuel charges, all cruise tips (70.00 per person), all drink tips, all alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, bottled water, & 25.00 shipboard credit and 2 free bathrobes (to keep) for an inside cabin. Balconies & oceanview cabins were available also. Rates were starting at 1153.00. Sail day was Oct 11, 2008.
Don't know about you guys but this sounds like a wonderful deal!!!! No bar bill!!! Where do I sign up?
Forgot to tell you... it is a 7 day leaving out of Port Canaveral going to Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maarten.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:03 PM

I've been on 30 cruises with Carnival but never heard anything about what you were offered. That's sounds wonderful and if you can let me know because I'm very interested.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

This isn't something the cruise line is offering but rather a group deal put together. For perspective, the standard inside price for that cruise is $599, so it isn't as though the bar tab (or robes) are free. Even with taxes and surcharges, the price being offered adds around $400 per person to cover the "freebies".

Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM

I certainly would research where the offer came from and the company behind it. Also, where did they get your email. As Dave says that cruise is going for $599 plus $120.09 misc fees =$719.09 for 4a inside (two lowers). Make sure your offer is for two lowers and not upper/lower. Also beware of any company that won't take a charge card.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM

i think i would do more research before jumping on this band wagon. doesnt really sound like a great deal to me.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:32 PM

Can you buy a card that covers all the alcohol you want? Sounds dangerous. From what I understand about drink prices it wouldn't be hard to use up any allowance the TA made for the bar tab.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can you buy a card that covers all the alcohol you want?
No.

I'd also figure that not all booze is included in the posted deal. I can't see them allowing someone to sit around drinking single malt scotch all day, when the budget appears to be $42 per person per day for bar purchases.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:49 PM

Hello everybody,

Carnival has Open Bar Cards. These are sometimes given to invited guests. I suspect that groups might be able to go "all inclusive" for a surcharge, as well:

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Thanks Raoul. I learn something new every day. I've never seen those cards.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

It is my understanding that any "group" over a certain number of people (I don't know why the number 30 is flashing in my mind, but not positive) that book "as a group" can have this "all inclusive" perk added to their bill for $40 - 45 a day per person.

But EVERYONE in the group has to agree to pay the $40 -45 a person.

It could be this "agency" is trying to get enough people to book in their GROUP in order to qualify.

I knew about the cards, but I think (again not positive) that this may be for VIPs like TAs.

I am not certain the same cards are used for all inclusive groups. I was thinking they had some kind of wristband...but again..running on memory here...and an old memory at that!!

At any rate, I am just glad I am not booked on that cruise. I am not a big fan of "all you can drink", since it tends to lend itself to behavior that is not all that impressive.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, card, carnival, cruise, cruises, drink, drunk, group, groups, inclusive, rate, rates, review, reviews, starting