Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 PM

We'd like to find out if Spirit has the late dining folks go to the show before or after dinner? If it's after dinner then I think we'll try to get switched to early dining. Our last few cruises have had late diners see the early show, which works out well for us. It seems Spirit doesn't have an Open Dining alternative program yet. I think Carnival is just starting it on some of their ships. Too bad. That would make it easier....
Thanks for your help!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM

I wouldn't know for sure about the shows on the Spirit. It does vary with the ships. Last year on the Legend they had the late seating people going to the show after dinner at 10:30pm. Maybe someone who has recently sailed on the Spirit will know.
No open main dining yet on the Spirit. They are planning on implementing it fleetwide throughout next year is what I heard.

Dwayne
Old 10-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Dwayne-You have two more weeks to go for the Glory cruise-Are you shaping up to ship out?

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-03-2008, 07:32 PM

Billy, This is the worst shape I have ever been in. I'm going to try to get some walks in before I leave or my clothes won't fit. They usually don't fit when I come back from a cruise, not before I go.

I am slowly getting things organized and checklists done etc. I have my suitcase out now and I only have a few things to buy. The car is going in Monday for service and to double check everything.

Dwayne
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Just got off the Spirit...Early dinner goes to the late show and Late dinner goes to the early show....but sorry to say but the shows were not all that good.....but that's my opinion along with about 2,000 other passengers:-)....Happy Sailing anyway.....

Bob E
Old 10-11-2008, 02:46 PM

We have been on the Spirit twice, both times to Mexico. We really enjoyed the shows, and yes early diners go to late show, late diners do early show.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Welcome back, Bob!

See, that is why I said it varies with the ships. Last year we had a big debate about it, and that was the conclusion. I pulled my Legend Capers out to make sure. I don't know why they do it differently on some ships.

Dwayne
Old 10-11-2008, 07:16 PM
The Spirit to Alaska had the D team on board I think.....

The only good show was the passenger show on the last night....

But it was a good cruise...

Happy Cruising..

Bob E
Old 10-13-2008, 08:31 AM

You guys are the BEST. Thank you so much for your up-to-date help. These kinds of timing things are what can really make a cruise smooth or uncomfortable. This is the most reliable way to find out what's real! I can't believe what they tell me when I call Carnival because every ship IS different. Thanks again and we'll try the shows and hope... we're bringing a new-to-Carnival couple with us, so I hope they have a good experience.
Happy sailing to you all. Maureen

Gary, I think you're doing Sea of Cortez soon? We loved that trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! But that pretty much goes for any cruise really....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Gary, I think you're doing Sea of Cortez soon? We loved that trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! But that pretty much goes for any cruise really....
The Sea of Cortez is on our list. I am not sure how soon tho. One of our Son's is in the Navy, if he goes over seas, then we will also. If sounds like he will either get Bremerton WA or Spain. If it is Spain we will do at least one land tour over there. If it is Washington, we will do Alaska, and the Sea of Cortez. We are hoping he will find our this month.
While we are both retired, we both still do some work. My wife subs for the local High School. She hates to take off and miss to many chances to work. The School is usually off during the 3rd week of Oct. We have been waiting for a year that it hits those dates, and we have not already booked another cruise. This year we are going on the Pride, and next year the 15 day to Hawaii on the Zaandam.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, late, royal, show, showtimes, spirit, times, timings