Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Ok, I'm over the weather thing. But now I have a question about water. Everyone talks about bringing your own water onboard, but where am I supposed to get it? I'm flying to Miami and will be there overnight, so I guess I have the time, but does anyone have any idea where I should go? We're staying at the Hilton.
And then, you just lug the water onboard with you? Or are you stashing it in a suitcase that you have a porter take on?

Ignorance is NOT always bliss. I really appreciate the info I'm getting here--and the "what to bring with you" posts have been hugely helpful! Thanks to all of you!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:43 PM

You don't NEED to bring your own water. The water on the ship is as pure as most bottled water you get from a store anyway. We bring a bottle or two (medium to large) onboard that we refill to use on excursions but even for that you can buy a bottle from the ship for $2.50 and then "recycle" that one during the cruise.
Worrying about trying to bring soda and water onto the cruise is silly. You might save a few buck but unless you are driving to the port, lugging the water through airports and such is more hassle than its worth
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-22-2007, 02:43 PM

After seeing a documentary on the Discovery Channel on Cruise lines. The water on board is prolly better quality or equal to bottled water that you Buy.
just bring an empty bottle and fill it when needed.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Jim we posted at the same time well you beat me by a second
Old 02-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:
Jim we posted at the same time well you beat me by a second
You were probably just a little slow because of the F deck shock!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm not worried about the quality of the water onboard. I've just read lots of hints saying to bring aboard a case of water so you don't have to pay the $2.50/bottle. If you bring on a bottle, where do you refill it?

I've also seen a suggestion to bring your own travel mug aboard because the cups are small. True/Not True?

(I'll probably drive you people crazy before next Friday--and I STILL don't have my cruise docs yet! TA is still saying not to panic--that's wht FedEx is for)
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 PM

You can fill your water bottle from the bathroom tap.. or from a water dispenser at the buffet line.

You COULD bring your travel mug, but they don't mind if you take a mug with you .. eventually it will end up back in the galley. I'm just not for bringing a bunch of items like this when you really don't need to. We have two different modes of packing for a cruise. 1) when we drive to the port.. the wife and daughters get free rein to bring whatever they want (and they do ) and 2) when we are flying.. then you get at most 1 suitcase plus a carry on bag each. Even that results in way too much stuff. I could go on a week's cruise with a garment bag and a carry on sized suitcase, but not my girls...

Like I said, if you are staying the night before and have time to run to a store and grab water, go ahead. You can throw it into a suitcase (one you "check" at the ship) if you have room. I don't recommend dragging a case of water bottles as carry on. The lines can be long and that would NOT be worth the effort.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-23-2007, 01:41 AM

I have to respectfully dis-agree with my long time comrades on this issue.

I think the water is terrible!

I am not saying it is not pure, but it does taste bad and does not agree with my system at all. I started limiting my consumption of it to an Ice Tea at lunch and brushing my teeth.

Guess what? The problem went away. Heck, I don't drink tap water at home often. And is always a clue when you see the Crew bringing water onboard. I say bring all you can.

At the least, I would get it from the buffet where is probably filtered again for beverages. I would never fill a bottle from the bathroom faucet.

Just my opinion of the subject.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I started limiting my consumption of it to an Ice Tea at lunch and brushing my teeth.

I Usually stick with Bud Light my self.

But Unlike Islandcruz I dont limit my self to two things to do with the water. I find I can't go with out atleast two or three showers a day when cruising
Old 02-23-2007, 01:29 PM

You know, Mr. October, this isn't the first post I've seen with your shower obsession. Aren't you allowed to shower at home, or are the onboard showers really so much better, or is it because on the ship, you manage to wrangle one of those topless babes back to your cabin?

Actually, I'm not a huge water drinker--more Pepsi...and I was going to forgo it (at $3 each)but if the water-based drinks are an issue, maybe what I should grab before boarding is Pepsi, not water.

Closed Thread