Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 06:59 PM

We've just spent a small fortune on dance lessons ... please tell me there's lots of ballroom dancing on the Carnival Liberty!?!

Free Cruise Clocks
Free Cruise Tickerslink=http://www.CruiseTickers.com]Free Cruise Tickers[/link]
Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 AM

You could use this dancing at the Captains Party.
I wish I could get my husband to take these lessons. I'd love to learn with him and dance on each cruise. Let us know after your cruise how much you enjoye ballroom dancing.
Cassandra
Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kasaba:
We've just spent a small fortune on dance lessons ... please tell me there's lots of ballroom dancing on the Carnival Liberty!?!
yes Captains Party for sure. Do not be bashful to take the stage the party does not last that long. When I was on the Liberty last April the Liberty Band also did a spot where you can dance in the theater. Watch your Capers to find out when. Ask the band leader to play the style you want, I think they can do nearly anything. So if you want a Fox trot ask for it, or a waltz just ask. I also play in a 16 piece band and in general it is more fun for us to have the dancers get invloved. I also managed some Rumba in the atrium to a small group but it was just a spur of the moment thing.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:52 AM

You can just also go dancing in one of the bar areas where there's a dance floor.

Dh and I did that last March on the Miracle. We had just finished a bunch of lessons and wanted to test out our new skills on a REAL dance floor. Of course, we wound up forgetting most of it and just "freestyling" as hubby put it but oh it was so much fun and I didn't feel uncomfortable as I would have had we not taken our lessons.

It was also nice to be able to do those cool fox trot moves on formal night. That made those lessons worth every cent!

Kim
Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KAWS:
It was also nice to be able to do those cool fox trot moves on formal night. That made those lessons worth every cent!

Kim
Let see if I remember,
Fox Trot: Slow... Slow... Quick Quick
Old 09-28-2007, 06:15 PM

Yes!! That's right. Then zig and zag and a nice slow turn.......ooops you're at a corner. Rock, rock, OMG I need to go back to lessons!

Kim

Closed Thread

Tags
atlanta, ballroom, band, big, carnival, cassandra, classes, cruise, cruises, dance, dancer, dancing, liberty, reviews, ships, small