Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 AM

Overtone,

Don't look at it, eat it.

B
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM

Sounds great and I think that the cake will see some action.

Thanks for the Karaoke note , so to speak .My wife and I both sing in barbershop harmony choruses
Old 09-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Hi overtone, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You'll love karaoke on the ship! LHP is our resident Carnival entertainment expert. Not only is cruising addictive, Carnival's chocolate melting cake is too! You won't need to spend the extra for 3 Supper Club (now Steakhouse) reservations. The food in the main dining room is awesome, especially on "Cruise Elegant" nights. You should probably adjust your Steakhouse reservations not to include those nights. They can assist you on board with any changes if you'd like to make them.

Congratulations on your first cruise, and best wishes for a wonderful cruise experience.

Bon Voyage!

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 PM

I don't think I am doing this right - hope someone in the know will set me straight. It should be a new topic I know - Spirit 9/28/09
I see LHP has info on entertainment etc. I had asked about this on the Spirit for the Hawaii cruise - the CD and some of the music in the lounges. We like the big band sounds and 40-50's music. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
Have a wonderful cruise.

We will be boarding on the 27th.

Your Cruise Director will be Gary. He is an "acting CD" (meaning that he is in training...so to speak). This is his first ship. We have sailed with him many times as an ACD...so we are looking forward to seeing him strut his stuff as a CD!!

If you enjoy karaoke, a dear friend Kim will be your karaoke host. He is a lot of fun!!!

Larry should be in the Piano Bar by the time you sail. We have never sailed with him...but have heard some good things.

Have a wonderful cruise and leave us some pizza and ice cream!!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Hi grandmag. Actually, specific cruises and dates should be posted here in the Roll Call List.

If you want to start a new topic/discussion click on the "New" tab. It is the second from the left in the blue bar on the top of the page. I know the system can be confusing.

Suggestion; Start a new topic such as Spirit Entertainment, or Entertainment. If you need any help, just let one of the staff know and we'll be glad to help you.

Dwayne
Carnival Cruise Line Moderator
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by grandmag:
I don't think I am doing this right - hope someone in the know will set me straight. It should be a new topic I know - Spirit 9/28/09
I see LHP has info on entertainment etc. I had asked about this on the Spirit for the Hawaii cruise - the CD and some of the music in the lounges. We like the big band sounds and 40-50's music. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally posted by
Hi....your Cruise Director will be Chris Roberts. (or Bubba as he is affectionately called) I believe this will be his last sailing...he is getting married and leaving Carnival.

Steve Brisley will probably still be in the Piano Bar. He started his contract this summer but I do not have an "end date" for him. We have sailed with him before. He is very nice and I am sure will play whatever musical requests you have. Dancing in the piano bar IS allowed.....so take full advantage!!

The orchestra of course will play a lot of Big Band sounds at the Captains Party and dancing is encouraged.

The cover bands are usually playing 70 and 80's stuff and a lot of Country. Some ships that sail from Florida have a Latin band on board as well. The cover bands usually take requests though. On one of our ships....there were a lot of ballroom dancers and the cover band accommodating them every night with lots of dancing music.

The Disco will probably have everything from the disco era forward...but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Have a great cruise....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 PM

Thanks LHP and Island Cruz Moderator. I think I know Bubba.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 AM

grandmag, I was thinking the same thing. I had a dear friend that I lost touch with about 16 years ago. Her nickname was Bub. However, I doubt my friend would be living in Canada, so I guess it's not her. Hope it's your friend.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 AM

I cruised on the Valor in January 09 and found it a remarkable ship. beautiful interior and remarkable crew that couldn't do enough for you to make you happy. I cruised 37 times about 14 on Carnival and love it.
I met my new wife in Jan on the Valor on a singles
cruise and she wasn't even in our singles group. Have fun live,love and laugh. The food in the dining room is great don't give up on them as they work long and hard to please the cruiser.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 AM

Hi jim Bob, welcome to Cruise-Chat! What a wonderful post. Congratulations on meeting your wife on board! At least you knew you had something in common--cruising We hope you will continue to post on our board. Any cruises coming up?

Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, cruise, cruises, dec, reviews, valor