Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM

I am going on my first cruise in 2 days ! I have read that there is a function for past guests, with complementary drinks. Do they have any function that provides complementary drinks to "first timers", such as the Bon Voyage party ?
Also , I have read mixed reviews on bringing beer, & liquor on the ship.I read some postings from 2006 and it sounded like you havd to sneak it on, and then I read reviews where it is ok .Flying out tomorrow AM, any info is appreciated !
Old 02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator

There will be a welcome aboard party for everyone on the first formal night of the cruise which has complimentary cocktails and snacks.

Don't sneak anything aboard. It is against the rules and is not ok despite what anyone else might tell you.

Have a great cruise and stop back by to tell us how it went!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:46 PM

There will be no complimentary alcahol drinks onboard after your welcome aboard. It is also against the rules of most cruiselines to bring alcahol onboard, with a few exceptions for wine, which they will charge a corckage fee for when you drink it on lines that allow it.

Enjoy your cruise but leave the alcahol at home, they will confiscate it at the pier if you bring it.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Go to the Art Auction..they serve champagne most of the time...and sometimes in the Jewelry store on board....and yes, it's not worth sneaking stuff aboard.....embarassing if you get caught.....Have a GREAT cruise...

Bob E
Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
They should also have a liquor tasting at some point.

Like Dave said, the captain's welcome aboard cocktail party is the best for free drinks.
If you want something that is not on the tray of drinks they are passing out they will usually go get it for you.

Everyone else is right, it's not worth sneaking alcohol onboard. If you have a favorite wine you are allowed to bring one bottle per person (if I remember right). I usually do this so I can have a glass of wine in the cabin while I am getting ready for dinner.

Have a great time on your cruise!!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Bon Voyage Linda!

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise.

Congrats Larry!

There is a new Cruise Guru on board!

On the complimentary drinks the Art Auction has pretty much free flowing champagne as Bob noted. Don't take this as an advocacy for buying any art though. Make sure to read the Capers daily. Sometimes they have liqour and wine tastings as Larry mentioned. Larry is right, Carnival's policy is one bottle of wine per person 21 years of age and older. They only charge the corkage fee for consumption in the dining room.

Dwayne
Old 02-22-2008, 06:06 AM

We went to the liquor tasting a few yrs back. We are not much of a drinker but the vanilla rum tasted really good so I bought a bottle. When we got it home decided to have a small drink. It was awful tasting. It did not taste like what it tasted on the ship. Was that just me since I am not a drinker or has anyone else had the same experience. I gave it to my grown son (28) when he had social gatherings at his has and he said it was undrinkable.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 AM

I've had bad bottles of wine, dry cork and such, but not alcohol. I suppose it's possible they could have a bad batch while distilling. Even though you're not a big drinker, try the Mango Rum, it's really good. I use it for cooking a lot, not so much for drinking because I'm not a big drinker either. However, the Mango rum is pretty good over ice just to sip on.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 AM

Sorry Linda, have a wonderful cruise, but don't try to sneak alcohol on board. The drinks are reasonably priced. As the others have stated there's the welcome aboard party, the art auction, and sometimes tasting. Bon Voyage and be sure to let us know how it went when you return!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 AM

The policy states no alcohol allowed, but you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine/champagne. Isn't wine = alcohol. I was thinking of getting a bottle of champagne in Miami. Should I or shouldn't?

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, beverages, carnival, complementary, complimentary, cruise, drinks, fascination, imagination, jewelry, line, liquor, norwegian, party, store