Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM

If I use cash, How much is required to put down on the Sail and Sign Card?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM

If I use cash, How much is required to put down on the Sail and Sign Card?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 AM

Hi "P", The following requirements for cash deposits should be current. Don't forget they add $10 per person, per day for the gratuities to the account.

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit per person.
5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit per person.
9 + day cruises: $350 deposit per person.

Dwayne
Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 AM

we always put cash up for our sign and sail. on our 5 days we put 100 dollars per person. on our 7 day we put up 150 per person, enough to cover our tips and a few games of bingo. we are not a drinker so that isnt a factor for us. I am really not sure about the requirements as it is stated, I think it maybe more of a guideline. but what ever you decide to put down make sure it is enough to cover your tips. At anytime during the cruise you can go and add more to it.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:08 AM

quote:
I am really not sure about the requirements as it is stated, I think it maybe more of a guideline.

Hi, macmom111. I have never used cash as a deposit, so I can't say from experience. I was going by what was sent to me directly for a friend that was going to use cash. This was dated 2006. I just looked and their site reads the same way. Here.

Maybe they are flexible with this? Of course, children who would not be charging on the account, could play a factor as well if you divided it per person in a cabin.

In any case, I would rather advise them of the published requirements. That way they won't have any surprises.

Dwayne
Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 AM

I wasnt being disagreeable. on our first cruise we had read the requirements before we went. when we got to the ship at the check in, we told them we wanted to put up cash. they sent us to the pursers desk to put up cash. at the desk we ask what was the usual amount to put up they said anything we wanted but would suggest at least enough to cover our tips.
I think they are flexable. But I dont think it really matters either way because you can only use the amount on your card anyway. just remember they do hit the sign and sail card for the tips right away.
it just works for us. might not be for everyone.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:38 AM

Thanks macmom! I know you were not being disagreeable in any way. And even if you were, that is ok. We are all just trying to give good advice and learn from each other.

Dwayne
Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

For folks with kids....just a heads up that kids can get $5 worth of tokens per day from the arcade machine charged to their Sail and Sign. All they need to know if their date of birth.....so if you don't want them doing this...have 'the talk'!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM

quote:
For folks with kids....just a heads up that kids can get $5 worth of tokens per day from the arcade machine charged to their Sail and Sign. All they need to know if their date of birth.....so if you don't want them doing this...have 'the talk'!!!

Very good advice, LHP! Can they still do this even if their card doesn't have charge privileges?

Dwayne
Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:

Very good advice, LHP! Can they still do this even if their card doesn't have charge privileges?

Dwayne

You would think they could not...however, I have never tested it. Our boys have always had charge privileges.

That would be a good question to ask at the Purser's desk. Or better yet, if someone has a child without charge privileges...they could "test the system for us"!!

Closed Thread

Tags
account, card, carnival, cash, charging, cruise, cruises, day, deposit, kids, member, privileges, required, sail, sign, ten