Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 09:16 PM

Hello, I was just wondering if having a rear room on Carnival's Conquest was a bad spot. This will be both my husbands and my 1st cruise and I just want to find out more info and be prepaired. So this probably won't be the last you hear from me. Thanks in advance to all who reply back.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:15 AM

army25chick2001,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

What do you mean by "rear room"? A cabin near the stern of the ship on either starboard or portside or a cabin directly overlooking the stern?

I wouldn't consider either cabin a bad choice. While usually, the lower in the ship and the more towards midships, the less a ship's movement is felt, on large ships such as the "Carnival Conquest" you usually don't feel a lot of motion, unless the seas are fairly heavy.

If you have a balcony cabin overlooking the stern: congratulations - those are excellent. I had one on the "Carnival Liberty", a sister ship to the "Carnival Conquest". The cabins are identical to those on starboard and portside, but the balcones are considerably larger and personally, I just love watching the ship's wake.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 AM

Yes we have a room on the Upper Deck on the stern of the ship with an extended balcony. Thanks for the reply. :P
Old 03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Hi army25chick2001,

Quite a name there! To my tastes, an aft facing balcony cabin is the best cabin on any vessel. You usually don't have to deal with winds, which can make balconies along the sides hard to use. Rear facing balconies also have better views in my opinion. You have the port, starboard, and aft views.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, bad, balcony, cabins, carnival, choices, conquest, cruise, facing, ideal, rear, reviw, room, rooms, ship