Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM

Well i'm back, one day at work and you feel like you never left. My husband and I have just return from the Fire and Ice cruise- 12 days hawaii to vancouver, then 7 days up to the inside passge to alaska with Carnival Spirit. What an experience, it was amazing and loved every minute of it.. The food was unbeleivable, the service was fantastic and we just had a all round great time. The total cruise was 19 nights, and although the second cruise seem a bit repetitive (same questions at trivia, same activities during sea days) I could have stay on and on and on.. maybe will do a round the world next time.. Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to ask..

and for the 5 days at seas (between hawaii and vancouver), I dont know if we got lucky, but the weather was on our side and it was very calm, slight swell bring 1 foot waves, if that..
Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Glad you had a great time.!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome home. That is a cruise I would love to do someday. Thanks for the feedback. What did you think of the ports? Any favorites?

LisaP
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 AM

Welcome back dizzybelle! Glad you had a great time on this awesome cruise. Did everything go smoothly in between the cruises?

Dwayne
Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 AM

Welcome back dizzbelle, sounds like you had a fantastic time! The longest I have been on board was 21 days. It seemed like I was just getting started when it was over. I, too, would like to do that cruise. Please let us know what your next pick is.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 PM

Thanks everyone I did have a wonderful time.. Hawaii was fabulous- especially loves Maui - we rented a car and founf this spot where you can go snorkelling with turtles. That was amazing. We also did the old lahaina luau in Maui- its not a luau that the cruise sells, but a much better options - I hear many people that did the one from the cruise and were disapointed. Also, for most people on board, their favorite island was Kauai.. I didnt really get to see it, as my hubby- having too much fun with our table mate the night before, was too hangover to go anywhere.. so must go back there one day.. In Alaska, we went to Juneau (ok) Skagway (fabulous) and Ketchikan (not bad). We had rainy weather in Juneau and Ketchikan, but skagway was great, we did the white pass train and that was worth it. We also booked a private fishing boat in ketchikan, but didnt really get anything (a part of a couple of rockfish). In all it was fantastic and really great to get to experience both tropical and cold glacier weather.. the greatest challenge on this cruise was to try to fit all the clothes in the suitcase- summer gears, dressy evening wear and warm clothes (and yes it was freezing- so need more then just a jumper or fleece jacket). It will be tough deciding where the next cruise will be.. There is some cool middle east one in to Dubai I woulnd mind doing...

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, carnival, cruis, cruise, cruises, curise, fire, food, hawaii, ice, lines, princes, princess, reviews, ship, ships