Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 11:57 AM

We just got back from a great trip on the Spirit. This was our fifth cruise, though our first on Carnival. We have previously cruised on Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean.

The Spirit is a lovely ship, very clean, and easy to get around. Our obstructed ocean view cabin was large and well equipped, with very adequate storage, and the beds and pillows were very comfortable.

In my opinion, the food ranged from excellent (rack of lamb and prime rib) down to mostly very good, and one night, just good. I never had to send an entre back and request another, as I have on both celebrity and princess. We had table 125, for two, which we wanted, and it was perfect. Someone on this site had recommended it. The food in the buffet was average, but that has been my experience on all ships, and we seldom ate there.

To be honest, I had a slight bias against CArnival before this cruise and expected it to be slightly less than Princess or Celebrity. I am happy to report that it was not less, and that service was much better than on my last cruise on Celebrity Mercury. The only negatives were that there is no hand sanitizer as you find all over all other cruise lines, and there are the electric air blower type driers instead of paper towels in the public rest rooms. They did announce on their TV station that the hand sanitizers do not work again viruses, and that is why they do not have them.

We had totally smooth sailing except for the last day, which is to be expected when returning to San Diego and going against the current. Even that day was not too bad.

All in all, this is a ship and a cruise I would definitely recommend, and I would not hesitate to cruise on Carnival again.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Thank you, SD Cruiser, for the very informative and objective review. I keep hearing really nice things about Carnival. I am surprised about the hand sanatizers--I'd like to know what's up with that. And I'm with you on the hand blow dryers--hate 'em.

Glad you had a good trip and welcome home.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and our table. We felt the Waiting staff was very good.
I have heard that about the Hand Sanatiers, but it still makes you feel better.
Welcome Home!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 AM

Thanks f-mattox for your kind comments and the welcome home. Thanks also to Gary for the welcome home, and especially the fabulous table recommendation (I had forgotten exactly who recommended it). Koko and John were great servers, and the table location was the best.

Ellie

Closed Thread