Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
for trying to dress up (partially) for "formal night."
You need to review Carnival's new dress suggestions. "Formal night" is no longer an operative term. I posted the link earlier in this thread, but will do it again for brevity. You can read it here .
Old 06-10-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
for trying to dress up (partially) for "formal night."
You need to review Carnival's new dress suggestions. "Formal night" is no longer an operative term. I posted the link earlier in this thread, but will do it again for brevity. You can read it here .

If the code were enforced as they have outlined it I could live with it even if Princess were to establish a similar one.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 AM

Don't get me wrong,i don't think people should wear shorts or t-shirts or hats to dinner in the dining room but I do think a nice pair of pants and shirt is good enough on any night on a cruise,heck your on vac. and not going to a ball or some $1000.00 a plate dinner.
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 AM

This new dress code came from people putting it on there comment cards that they don't want to dress up for dinner and not showing up in the dining room and not showing up in the dining room, carny got the message. The last 2 cruises we were on we noticed that there were alot of empty tabels in the dining room. We asked and dress code was one of the items and people not wanting to tip. Now they changed the dress code to get more people to the dining room. Carny dosen't change something just for change.

Cruise #28 on Carnival Cruise line
Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 AM

7thSon, what a shame. If you can't or DON'T dress up on "formal night", why have one in the first place?

I know NCL has the "freestyle" cruising, and that is why we will never go that direction again. You could dress up if you wish, but it was not pushed.

If I want to dress "down", I can do that at home.

brneyes
Old 06-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If you can't or DON'T dress up on "formal night", why have one in the first place?

I know NCL has the "freestyle" cruising, and that is why we will never go that direction again. You could dress up if you wish, but it was not pushed.
Did you read the link I provided to Carnival's revised dress suggestions? There are two options now - Cruise Casual and Cruise Elegant. The latter lists the following: Men - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses. Just as with NCL, you are free to wear tuxedoes, suits, gowns, etc., but it is no longer pushed on Carnival.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:00 AM

Dwayne, I agree with you. I have never seen anyone wearing sweats on formal nights on any of the cruises I have been on, and "hopefully" I never do.

brneyes
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Dwayne, I agree with you. I have never seen anyone wearing sweats on formal nights on any of the cruises I have been on, and "hopefully" I never do.
And neither do I.

Dwayne
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 AM

macmomIII, I agree with you in regard to formal night. Why have it if you can't "dress up?" Like you said, it isn't every day that a person "dresses up fancy."

I don't know what ship you were on, but the ships I have been on, in the "main dining room", the people have dressed up "more" for formal nights than the other nights.

I do hope it does not fade out.

If people do not want to dress up, they need to do NCL which has the "freestyling", where you can do as much as possible, or as little as possible. That is why we won't do NCL again.

brneyes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:46 AM

In regard to Neil mentioning if the cruise line lost someone's luggage, and they could not "dress up" for formal nights.

This happened to us with our luggge being gone almost 5 days. I will say the ship really "tried" to help us out, when it came to formal night. They did have formal dresses that we could wear (no cost to us), and although they may have not looked or fit as nice as our own, at least we "felt" at that time that we looked as good as everyone else, considering.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, carnival, code, comment, cruise, dress, dressing, ecstasy, formal, forum, men, ncl, night, small, write