Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Just booked the Liberty for May 7th! Sailed on the Glory Aug 09 for our 1st cruise and still raving about it to anyone who will listen!! Will be visiting Cozumel, Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios. If anyone has anything good to say, I'm listening!!! Thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Hi Lorian,

We are also sailing on the Liberty but before you, in March. You will enjoy Cozumel and Grand Cayman, have never been to Ocho Ricos so can't comment. I will try to remember to let you know how the trip goes. Hope you have a great time!

B
Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

We just got off a Liberty cruise that began Nov 27th.

Todd was the CD. Kevin was the ACD. Both are a lot of fun.

A great ship. Food and service were good.

You are going to some great ports.
Cozumel is one of my favorites. Of course, swimming with the Dolphins is the "Thing to Do" at this port. BUT if you are not into that kind of thing, this is a very safe port to do on your own.

Cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com has an independent tour that runs $95.00 for 3 hours for up to 4 people.

YOU tell Gerry where to go, how long to stay etc.

He speaks wonderful English...and locks the car at every stop so that your stuff is safe.

He will even bring an ice chest so that you can purchase ice and soda or beer from the grocery to enjoy along the way.

He picks you up at the pier where the taxi station is.

Grand Cayman is also safe....but expensive.
The thing to do there is swimming with the sting rays. But if that is not your thing, you can just grab a taxi to Seven Mile Beach. There is also good snorkeling there....

Ocho Rios....this is the ONLY port in your cruise that I would NOT just get off the ship can grab a taxi. You can walk to Island Village (an EASY walk from the ship). There is a Margaritaville there and a VERY small beach. (I can't remember the beach rates for the day...but it was maybe $5 a person for an entrance fee and then a couple of bucks per person if you wanted a chair etc)

The "thing to do" here is Dunn's River Falls...but I would only do it with a SHIP tour OR a recommended independent tour guide. (sorry I don't have the name of one)

Be prepared for aggressive vendors....

You will have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:50 AM

Congratulations, Lorian! Sounds marvelous. Your ports are really great, I haven't sailed the Liberty but sailed the Valor and can say the layout is very easy to get around. I agree with LHP on the ports. We really like Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, nice beach, all the amenities, plus if you want, you can swim with the dolphins. They've raised the entrace fee to $21/pp. We were there in May and it was $19. You can search for coupons on-line, if you'd like. Shopping is good.
I love 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman. The snorkeling there is pretty dang good. Abanks used to let you use their ladder into the water so you could snorkel near where the tenders dock. They also offer some dives on wrecks. We've done the turtle farm and hell, plus Stingray City. Depends on what you like. Jewelry shopping is good, you will get what you pay for there.
Dunn's River Falls is great. I actually think everyone should do it once. Jamaica is a beautiful island, but very poor. The locals are pretty aggressive, so I highly recommend following LHP's advice. Do a ship's tour.
Have a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, carnival, cayman, chests, cozumel, cozumeltaxihotmailcom, cruise, ice, island, liberty, ocho, review, rios