Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Has anyone performed with the cast in the Legends Show on Carnival ships? I understand you try out in the Karoke Bar as Frank Sinatra or Aretha Frankiln and then guests that do the best job perform on stage with the Carnvial Dancers. That would be lots of fun on a "Fun Ship" I'll be on the Liberty in April 07. Looking for tip on how to win the Frank Sinatra position.

Caribbean Activities & Attractions
Old 11-30-2006, 10:04 AM

I was on Triumph last week and they had the same show and it was fabulous. The auditions are not rigged..they were begging for participants. Best way to get the Sinatra part is to brush up on your favorite Frank hit and be in the karaoke bar often! That should sew it up!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 12-03-2006, 08:26 PM

i did the kareoke and won the role of james brown. they give you a mp3 player with the words and tell you to practice. they day of the show you have a dress rehersal and you can practice. they even put your name in the capers that day. i was a wuss and chickened out on my performance though because i did not feel well that day b/c a man had jumped overboard the night before and i was up all night and was vey tired and mentally exhausted. but i am sure it would have been alot of fun. i can not sing a lick but i put on a heck of a show. its all about the performance. they will like you better if you make them laugh.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Banned

I was Aretha Franklin (albeit a horrible one) on the Miracle. I am a stinking perfectionist when it comes to my singing, but I threw caution (and all my dignity) to the wind and had a fabulous time.

Usually the competition is stiff, but on our Miracle cruise we were literally BEGGING people to sign up. By the middle of the week, Adam (karaoke host) had enlisted me to "recruit". Fortunately, we finally filled all the slots, but it was tough.

Adam asked me to do the Aretha and I agreed "because" he told me the canned accompaniment could be pitched. This is not true. (He figured I could pull it off anyways)
The canned accompaniment must remain in the same key, because orchestra does some fill work during the performance to make it look like they are actually playing the music.

If you get the opportunity, by all means go for it. Even though I humiliated myself (by my standards) it is still by far one of the most fun things I have ever done.

I won't do Aretha again (since I know they can't play the song in my key) but ... that doesn't mean I won't be trying out for Gloria!!

Have a great cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cast, cruise, hosts, karaoke, legend, legends, make, names, royal, ships, show, sign, songs