Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 06:28 AM

Hello every one. I am so excited I just cant wait till May. It seems like it will never get here. Well here is my question and I was wondering if anyone has any experience in this. We are booked in Catagory 6A and have an Oceanview state room and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this catagory before and what it is like? And how much would it be to upgrade to the next catagory? IS it even worth it to upgrade. This is my boyfriend and I's first trip away together and we want it to be very memorable. Thanks for your info. And Happy Crusing....
Old 03-31-2004, 06:28 AM

Hello every one. I am so excited I just cant wait till May. It seems like it will never get here. Well here is my question and I was wondering if anyone has any experience in this. We are booked in Catagory 6A and have an Oceanview state room and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this catagory before and what it is like? And how much would it be to upgrade to the next catagory? IS it even worth it to upgrade. This is my boyfriend and I's first trip away together and we want it to be very memorable. Thanks for your info. And Happy Crusing....
Old 03-31-2004, 11:50 AM

If you have an outside cabin, on riveria deck, in order to upgrade, you get exactly the same room, just higher up in deck levels. I cruised Destiny last april in a 4C, (upper deck interior), and it was my first cruise. The rooms are all the same size, interior or Ocean view. Cruised on RC Majesty of seas, deck w/window view. The window in my opinion is nice. At least you can look outside to see if it is night or day. Cruising again 4-19 on Holiday, 4C category, (upper deck interior rm, only paid $319. each), and cruising on Sensation 5-10 w/a 6A room. It was only $50 each person, to upgrade on the 5-10 cruise from an inside to outside cabin, and to me it is worth it, but to start paying more to move up in decks in my opinion is not worth it. We eat so much on the ship, the stairs exercise is good. You don't spend much time in the room anyway, so might as well use the extra $$$ for drinks, or shopping in the ports of call. Have lots of fun as i'm sure you will.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the input Deb I appreciate it.....
Old 03-31-2004, 08:42 PM

found info on upgrades on the following site

http://www.cruisereviews.com/info/upgrades.htm
Old 04-01-2004, 01:26 PM

Well I just found out to upgrade to a Balcony Stateroom it is gonna be 840 bucks each. I was like what. Oh my. I thought it was someones idea of a bad April Fools Joke. So to answer my own question. No Upgrades are not worth it unless you just won the lottery and the cost well its astronmonical...
Old 04-01-2004, 04:41 PM

840, wow. well i have a true story about upgrades that just happened a few hours ago. a coworker who's sailing the 7 day mexican riviera out of los angeles on carnival pride this sunday called me to say that carnival just phoned him a few hours ago. i helped him decide on two cabins (he's taking his daughter and 2 granddaughters)last february that were adjoining cabins on deck 5 cat 7A. well today they carnival said, at no extra cost, that they'd been upgraded to cat 8G on one cabin and 8F on deck 7/verandah which now gives them a standard balcony and an extended wrap around balcony. he said of course they'd still prefer the adjoining cabin but just the same they are excited about the upgrade. they were excited anyway because they're first time cruisers. Go figure how you can get an upgrade without even asking.....why can't i have that kind of luck?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:21 PM

A lot of the luck comes from how well (or not well) that particular cruise is selling. Also, I have noticed that passengers who book way ahead of time tend to get the nod for upgrades before those who booked more last-minute - at least with some cruise lines.

Closed Thread